::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2002, 10:18 AM   #1
kidd_honda

need help install angel halo on 95 civic

man i bought this angel halo lights on ebay for my 95 honda civic and i have no clue how to install in my car. stupid sellers did not attach instructions on how to install it. i do not know a lot about the electrical crap in my car, i only now the mechanical ones. So please anyone can help me out. I'm a rookie racer who needs professional help.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:57 AM   #2
kidd_honda

Still no help...AGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Still waiting!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 01:11 AM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

You've had them for 6 months and haven't installed them? Anyway, someone will be along to help, I dont know much about Civics

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:24 AM   #4
kidd_honda

thats cool

yeah i havent had time, but now i gots the time to mess with it still dont know how to hook up the provided harness.
Old 04-19-2003, 12:13 AM   #5
BrandonClaps

there should be only 2 wires, just tap into the parking light wire, or run a switch inline with the power wire
Old 04-19-2003, 12:15 AM   #6
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

he said it comes w/ a harness. I bought angel eyes off a dealer, and their harness was bogus, not to mention it didn't reach to the other headlamp, so i just went to autozone and wired it to a switch by myself.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 02:17 PM   #7
ripthesystem

any luck yet kidd?

there's a sort of walkthrough (no pics) over at Team Del Sol

Kind of a crappy walkthrough for a DelSol but a similar process I assume. I'm on my way out the door to try to install on my 95 Civic LX right now. I think I got the same crappy ones off eBay..

I'll let you know if I get anywhere or am still in the dark later on..

good luck
ripthesystem
Old 04-19-2003, 02:29 PM   #8
kidd_honda

Cool site!!!

your site looks cool. it help, but i'm gonna go ahead and use my stock wiring harness. Plug it in straight. The only thing is that on one side of the headlight will only turn on vice versa hi or low beam. If you have the harness they will both turn on if hi beam is activated. Will put my on today.
Old 04-19-2003, 03:41 PM   #9
ripthesystem

I've decided to use my stock harness too, cause I have no F'in clue what to do with the crappy harness they sent me. I can live with only one side of the headlight coming on with highbeams..

I'm in the dark on one part though- There are 2 extra sets of wires coming off the headlight. Each set (one red, one white) goes right to the Halos. I don't really know where to attach these. Without them the Halos don't light up.

I thought I could splice them into the parking light/turn signal but there are 3 wires there (red, black, green). Splicing the reds to the red parking and the whites to the black parking didn't do anything... Ideas?
Old 04-19-2003, 03:44 PM   #10
ripthesystem

OK... found out that for the parking lights:
Black = Ground
Green w/ yellow stripe = Flash
Red w/ Black stripe = Solid

Still doesn't explain why it won't work though... hmmm.

[edit]DOH! I'm a dumbass. It works fine. Just doesn't shine bright enough to see it with the daylight.. heh. Time to go install number two! These really look sweet. Even off I think it's an improvement over stock.[/edit]
Old 04-20-2003, 02:56 AM   #11
BrandonClaps

lol gj
Old 04-20-2003, 03:39 PM   #12
kidd_honda

hey ripthesystem the connection that you mentioned is correct...i put my angel halo lights yesterday and they look great. Yeah i sliced the black and the red wire in the corner and hooked the red to the red wire and the white wire to the black. They worked fine, but now my car wont start. I thought the battery is the problem, but i jump start it and now still wont start. Anybody have any clue how to fix this problem????

ripthesystem hey your halos leds might be bad. try a 12v regular battery and test it out. maybe your led is the problem.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:16 PM   #13
ripthesystem

Everything is installed and working fine for me. And *added bonus* my car still starts... if you think it might be your battery then take it out and down to a shop for them to test it. Most places will test it for you for free

good luck
Old 04-23-2003, 01:34 PM   #14
kidd_honda

its my battery

the battery power was drained due to testing the lights to much, but hey they look great. Now i just have to buy bulbs because one burned out....stupid cheap bulbs !!!!!!