::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2002, 05:36 PM   #1
AVNS

what rotor and pads to use....

What rotors and pads do you guys recommend for street driving. I just want to increase some braking performance on my 98 LX over stock.

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2002, 03:46 AM   #2
azn_nite_ryder

if you're looking for a performance brake upgrade.. the only way to go is changing your braking system... such as increasing the amount of calipers on the brakes.. on stock cars they have 2 calipers per rotor..... if you really wanted a real sweet sweet up.. you get 13" cross drilled rotors with a 4 piston caliper.. now that power rite there.... 99% of drag/pro stock cars use the 4 caliper system....
Old 02-02-2002, 10:16 AM   #3
jocalucas

Re: what rotor and pads to use....

Quote:
Originally posted by AVNS
What rotors and pads do you guys recommend for street driving. I just want to increase some braking performance on my 98 LX over stock.

Thanks.

For an aggressive street driving style, you don't need changing rotors, calipers etc (unless you are planning serious racing on track).

You just need changing your brake pads. That's my own experience.

In my case, I just changed my stock brake pads for Hawk HP Plus ones. The difference on braking performance is awesome.

Ah, I change also my stock brake fluid by Motul Racing Brake Fluid RBF 600. And that's all.

HTH

jocalucas