::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2002, 03:50 PM   #1
XdiscontensionX

Exclamation stupid alarm question

ok, i just had an alarm installed (sidewinder 5000ESP) and they did a horrible job - loose wires everywhere and they might as well have put the brain on top of the dash for all the more they "hid" it.

so today i tore apart my dash and taped all the wires up and reconnected a few that fell off when i moved the brain, then i hid it really well. the only problem is that now the shock sensor doesn't seem to work. does it have to be attached to a solid part of the car to work? or can i just suspend it with wire ties? or do i need to adjust the sensitivity? i know it sounds stupid, but i don't know how these things work.
Old 08-10-2002, 04:20 PM   #2
BrandonClaps

i usually connect the shock sensor to a large wiring harness like the ignition harness because the vibrations will travel thru the wires....
Old 08-10-2002, 05:30 PM   #3
spoogenet

Um, can't answer your question, but just where did you get that alarm installed? Personally, I'd go back and either demand some chu-ching back in my pocket or have it done right. One of the most important factors of an alarm installation is the installation itself, IMO.

Since you've fixed it up yourself, I'd at least demand some money back for your own time spent doing what they shoulda done.

b
Old 08-10-2002, 07:18 PM   #4
XdiscontensionX

i got the alarm installed @ boomer mcloud - not sure if you have them in TX? anyway, after about 30 minutes of arguing, they knocked $50 off the price (plus the previous $30 for having to reschedule twice). so in the end, i guess it was an alright deal.

my next project is power locks in the other 3 doors. has anyone on here done their own locks w/ an alarm?
Old 08-10-2002, 07:53 PM   #5
BrandonClaps

do u not have power locks? you need to put actuators? yucky i hate those
Old 08-11-2002, 12:38 PM   #6
spoogenet

DX has just about power nothing.

I thought I had known someone to do that in their car, but the more I think about it the more I wonder if I ever did know someone who did that. Sorry, can't be of much help.

Drop by a junkyard and rip a couple doors off an EX or LX? Or a mall parking lot.*

b

*kidding....
Old 08-11-2002, 05:19 PM   #7
XdiscontensionX

haha, i like the parking lot idea. i can only imagine the look on someone's face when they return to their car and find the doors missing, lol.

today i detailed my car and it looks sweet - i probably added another 10hp w/ the shine i put on it, lol. the only problem is after i was done, i set the alarm and instead of the usual chirp we all know so well (and that i got both last night and this morning), i got a clicking sound. then i set the alarm off and just as i expected... click click click click. it sounded like a dying robot. will the problems never end?!?!?!?

i'm thinking boomer's might just be refunding all my money the next time i stop by.
Old 08-11-2002, 05:53 PM   #8
XdiscontensionX

hmm... i just had a revelation. could installing new speakers have made my alarm stop working?
Old 08-13-2002, 12:44 AM   #9
BrandonClaps

no, new speakers won't effect it, maybe water got in your siren... check the siren
Old 08-16-2002, 12:14 PM   #10
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

nono what you do is you get your girlfriend, or sister, to put on lipstick and kiss a napkin, then write a note saying "Maybe you shouldnt drink so much ill call you tomorrow" or something like that, then you replace their doors with yours and maybe they will think they were so drunk they are remembering there doors having power lock when they have always not.... just make sure the car is the same color of course, or they would have had to have a LOT of alcohol.. lol please ignore me work sucks....

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 12:21 PM   #11
XdiscontensionX

LMAO. that's great
Old 08-16-2002, 11:46 PM   #12
BrandonClaps

ahahah i like that idea