::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2002, 12:13 PM   #1
VTC_CiViC

Sneaky bastard in a Dakota R/T

This actually happend friday night. Just left a shop picking up something for the Teg, roll up to the first light on 137th Ave. near Tamiami airport (nice wide open 3 lane road with traffic lights in about 1/3 mile intervals). Sitting there, I notice a nice red Dakota pull up along side me, R/T wheels, fenders, and R/T 5.9 markings. Window is tinted but I could make out what appeared to be a young guy inside.

Anyways I was ready just in case Mr. Dakota wanted to make a mad dash away from the light, light goes green and he rolls out nice n' slow, so do I. Being a little dissapointed, I kinda goose the throttle a bit in 2nd to get him to bite.. no dice. So I casually plop it into 3rd conceding to the fact that he didn't want to play... and what does he do? Of couse, he nails it just as I hit 3rd Rather than downshifting, I just nail it with him from about 4k rpm in 3rd, by the time the IAB's opend up, he had come from my rear quarterpanel to about even with me, by the time I hit 8100 though, I had started to inch back away from him. Grab 4th and continue to slowly inch away for a few more secs, and I finally let off before we encounter traffic about a fender ahead of the R/T.

Well needless to say, this left me totally unimpressed. I mean he had the jump on me when he nailed it, AND I stated from a low 4k rpm in 3rd, and he still never managed to pass me.. infact I began inching away from him, and this is in a bone stock GS-R.. Guess Dodge hasn't an answer for the Lightning as of yet

Cliffs: Line up with a Dakota R/T, gives me the impression he is of no interest then tries to pull a sneak attack on me...
Old 02-25-2002, 12:16 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

That's interesting, I always thought they had a little more juice than that. Thanks for sharing

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 07:59 PM   #3
diligent_dave

R/T's are no Lightning killers. They have 245 hp and about 300 lb ft or so of the torquey goodness. They run in the mid to low 15's on most tracks. Not blindingly fast, but darn good for a truck.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:49 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by diligent_dave
R/T's are no Lightning killers. They have 245 hp and about 300 lb ft or so of the torquey goodness. They run in the mid to low 15's on most tracks. Not blindingly fast, but darn good for a truck.

faster than my accord thou

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 07:06 AM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice kill. Sneaky lil bugger..
A friend just got a Dakota R/T. I like the style of the truck, but they don't pack as much punch as I would've thought. My friend's 97 Ford F-150 4.2L could beat it (its not stock, but still).
Old 02-28-2002, 07:52 PM   #6
SiSpeed2000

my boy has a dakota R/T and i had no problem staying right next to him when i just had an intake..i mean they have some torque but they ain't nothing to worry about...
Old 02-28-2002, 07:56 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

what do u expect from rednecks ?

Last edited by ebpda9 : 03-01-2002 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:16 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

Easy there. You might offend someone.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:40 AM   #9
diligent_dave

Quote:

Hey, why don't you shut the hell up, Stefan. Ya ain't gotta be no redneck to drive a pick-em-up truck. Although you can be a total idiot and drive an Accord.

Where the hell did that come from?

Peace outside.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:13 AM   #10
VTC_CiViC

Nah it wasn't a redneck, just another hispanic like me
Old 03-01-2002, 10:16 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by diligent_dave

Hey, why don't you shut the hell up, Stefan. Ya ain't gotta be no redneck to drive a pick-em-up truck. Although you can be a total idiot and drive an Accord.

Where the hell did that come from?

Peace outside.

did i say that everybody that drives a truck is a redneck ? no.

do u know how many times guys in trucks pulled u-turns and started racing me just because i have some blue headlights ? and i don't even bother racing them, but still they are flashing their blinkers ? how do u call that ?

Old 03-01-2002, 11:46 AM   #12
Incubus

That's comedy, nice kill though.........

When I see cars with blue bulbs and stuff I start to wonder if they have anything under the hood and it's just a sleeper or something, but since blue bulbs and superwhite headlights are getting popular, it's not so uncommon so see everyday cars with 'em.

I'm glad to hear how those Dakota R/T's accelerate though, at least now I know I can beat one, so long as he's going in reverse!!!
Old 03-01-2002, 12:07 PM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

did i say that everybody that drives a truck is a redneck ? no.

do u know how many times guys in trucks pulled u-turns and started racing me just because i have some blue headlights ? and i don't even bother racing them, but still they are flashing their blinkers ? how do u call that ?

Relax guys. This isn't the place to vent your frustrations.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:54 PM   #14
diligent_dave

Civic_Addict: It's cool. hondaman is just raggin' on me...I think

And to you Stefan:
Last night at the track I raced a friend of mine in his del sol si. As we passed the finish line and our times came up on the boards he throws on his hazzard light and wiggles his car side to side like an indycar warming up the tires. What's up with that hondafoo?

In all seriousness, I thought it was pretty cool when he did that. It was just funny. There we were at an NHRA sanctioned track with some pretty quick racers and he was throwin' the hazzards on me. I almost cried I was laughin' so hard. That doods just goofy.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:34 PM   #15
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Easy there. You might offend someone.

took care of it. i appologize to those who felt offended