::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2003, 09:01 PM   #1
rakugaki

grrr! header problem!!!

So my friend had some dc sport headers from a 94 accord EX, they were still pretty good , but the downpipe was bent a little from lowering the car too much :o , so I asked him if he could bring em over and he sed okay, we can try them on. So i spent a good 30minutes takeing off the headers which was easier than I though with the exception of a few stubborn bolts. He finnaly came and i noticed that dc headers use a 4-2-1 system, my stock accord was a 4-1, so i was like crap, we couldn't use my down pipe. So he got the old downpipe which was dented terrebly on one side, and took off the downpipe, but then compairing the two pipes, I realized the dc downpipe was totaly different than my stock, the DC headers where for an EX model accord, not an LX since the bolt patters was wayyyyy off. Dissapointed, i put everything back.

Is there "special" headers for my LX? why are they like that? Some headers on Ebay say that LX an EX are the same, I.E. "NEW HEADER HEADERS HONDA ACCORD 94-97 LX EX", can I buy those without worry?

This is a picture of the part i'm having problems with:
When I looked at my downpipe, the bolts pattern where 90 degrees parallel to the ground, these are like 45 degrees slanted from the ground :
Attached Images
File Type: gif heads.gif (37.5 KB, 40 views)
Old 01-05-2003, 09:05 PM   #2
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

how's the bolt pattern different? Does one model have 3 bolts as opposed to 2? Perhaps you can get a special mid piece fabricated between the two to bolt them together.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 10:14 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well the difference is that the DX/LX use a iron cast manifold while the ex has tube welded pipes. i'm not sure but on the f22a number all the bolt patterns are the same.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 10:14 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

and the f22b1 has the same gaskets as the f22a engines

Old 01-05-2003, 10:59 PM   #5
rakugaki

the part where you connect the downpipe to the cat looks like below. If i connect the downpipe from the DC header to the cat, the downpipe wont be facing straight up, it would be slanted to the left. you guys think there's something that im doing wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: gif frontre.gif (6.0 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-05-2003, 11:03 PM   #6
rakugaki

oh, the headers fit fine (at wow did it look cool) , but the downpipe is whats the problem. (trying to clear up any confusion)
Old 01-06-2003, 09:04 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

that's weird but i think you are doing fine. it's just the header that was built that way

Old 01-06-2003, 02:24 PM   #8
rakugaki

so i was looking under the car today and found out maybe i should have taken out the bolts from the cat instead of the ones before it...

heres a pict of the downpipe-cat

red= mounting point
purple = part i tried removing
green= part i think should have been removing

but the DC downpipe still looks a little off (from the hangers) than my stock one.