::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2003, 01:09 AM   #1
ef9civic

beware of this online motor company.

I just wanted to share my horrible experience purchasing a motor swap from jspecauto.com

I ordered a *special* (for my swap/car) full motor swap that included pulleys, speed sensor, axles, correct custom linkage for 4th gen b16a swap, correct custom enjo (or somthing) but a real nice set of mounts with urthane inserts *paid 499 for the mounts*. Here was all my problems which were never made right with me. He blew me off and told me it wasn't his problem anymore it was mine etc etc, but anyway..

- wrong linkage, I had to cut and weld it to the correct size

- Included some home made jobby mounts that are a total piece of crap ( see pic )

- He didn't include an underdrive pulley, I bugged him everyday for 3 weeks and a month and a half later he sent me a pulley. (thats the only thing he made right)

- didn't include speed meter sensor which was listed as included in the "special" swap setup

here's the mounts he included... so nasty

so just beware because he set me back a decent amount of money and told me it was my problem now. So just giving everyone a heads up and watch out!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 11:44 PM   #2
pauls-si

Now i know to keep away from these guys....
Old 07-11-2003, 12:07 AM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

sounds like a real gem store ya found there

sorry to hear it man...that really does suck.

Seems that the quantity of poor quality online motor shops is rising...quickly at that... Better stick to research instead of just buying whats cheap...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 02:41 AM   #4
AzCivic

good to know, go on every Honda forum with this so they lose all thier business. why the hell do shops think they can just rip people off.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 08:06 PM   #5
ef9civic

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
good to know, go on every Honda forum with this so they lose all thier business. why the hell do shops think they can just rip people off.

I dunno but it costed me a lot more which sucked!

my cars out of the shop MONDAY! I had it sent it to be tuned an stuff.. I got a pr3 ecu now to just for kicks I wanted that one instead of the pw0 anyway. I might buy a mod chip for it later but who knows.

I don't wanna sign up to all them forums so just tell everyone instead!