Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2002, 07:58 PM   #1
Digiti123

1998 Honda Accord questions

Hello,
This is my first post here. I am receiving my used 1998 Accord at the end of the week from a local Honda dealer. It is an LX with the 2.3L L4 SMPI VTEC OHC engine with 66,000 miles on it. This car is a "certified" Honda used car that[as far as I understand it] has three more years warranty on the powertrain and one year on every thing else. My question is : should I, in addition, take out a warrantybynet for $900 for 2yrs concurrent and beyond the dealers warranty? Are these warrantees all they are cracked up to be? The price for the car is $11,495. Also at what mileage should the timing belt be changed? Thanks.
R.Q.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:10 PM   #2
Maxvla

timing belt change is covered in your user's manual. probly somewhere around 100k miles maybe further.

are you going to modify your car?? if so then don't buy any extra warranties cause if you put performance parts on your car they will void the warranty(s).

btw.. welcome to hondastyle.

happy honda'ing.

chris.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:21 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS.
That's a good deal on the car. I got a two year warranty on my car when I bought it used... its just now running out and I never used it. Also, modding your car may void parts of it. I'd probably get it if you could afford it though.

Timing belt @ 90k on mine, I think yours is the same.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 09:31 PM   #4
Digiti123

Thanks for the info. I don't know yet if I will be doing any performance modifications to the car. Perhaps just some interior enhancements first.