::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
Prophcy0

Need help analyzing a Carfax report

I've found a silver 2dr LS for $5500, but the Carfax report has a couple of things in it that make me cautious. For one, the vehicle has been in an accident and suffered "moderate damage". It has also had 5 owners, and has been a "fleet vehicle", whatever that means. The hood also looks weird in the photo, which can be found here : http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...r=&cardist=175

I like this car because it's a good price for the year and it's fairly close (4 hours). I'm just a little scared due to it's Carfax report, so I wanted to get other people's opinions.

I'd REALLY like to this car, but it's $7000 and it's 7 hours away.
http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...ors=2& fuel=&
Old 01-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #2
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Damn thats a lot of owners for a 98. Well if its been in a wreck and they did a poor job of doing the work the hood could still be messed up. But i think what you are seeing is the rubber piece that goes under our hoods like a seal that we all have that makes our hoods look like there not on right.

That second Teg you have posted looks really nice. hey man 7 hours isnt that long we go from here in ohio to tennessee all the time in that time frame. I just went with a buddy of mine to the est side of Penn. to pickup a firebird that was in awesome shape and for the price it was worth it. Sometimes you have to travel out of your area to find a great decent car.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #3
Prophcy0

So you think I should go with the second Integra? I LOVE the interior, and the dealer seems to be very nice. If I can convince my friend to drive me up there then I'll probably just shell out the extra cash and get the nice looking one.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #4
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Yea i would. I dont think id every ow na car that was wrecked in someway. Had it happen once never will happen again. You never know what might that wreck would have screwed up such as motor wise. Yes the second teg looks very clean.

or if you can shell out you can buy mine for 8K
Old 01-05-2005, 11:30 PM   #5
Prophcy0

Here's a report on the VIN of the second car... anything throw up any red flags?

http://autotrader.com/redirect/exper...r_id=169271078
Old 01-05-2005, 11:35 PM   #6
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

I aint sure wat a lien is but it doesnt seem like nothing bad. But looks like everything checked up good on it. Cars been through a lot for records lol.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:41 PM   #7
Prophcy0

Is a leather interior common for a GS? I was kind of shocked to see that it had a leather interior.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #8
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Yes it is. most of the 98 and up tegs all came with leather. my buddys 98 came with leather and its a LS. You know my friend has a silver teg thats 5 speed his dad is trying to sell. its a very clean car! Let me know if u want more info on it and the price i think is around 6-7K for it with only 63K miles on it
Old 01-06-2005, 12:18 AM   #9
dabouncerx24

Dude....130,xxx miles? For that year? Thats way too high. I see your anxious, but you gotta be patient and look around. I found a 94 with only 100k. You can do better if u just wait. "Moderate" damage is enough to turn you away from that Integra. Look for others.

It's not that common that LS' come with leather..but if you really want them..the common price that private parties are selling if for is around 400...not bad.
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:44 AM   #10
Prophcy0

That first Teg I've decided against, but what about the second one I posted? I know 130,000 miles is a lot for a 98, but the car looks very clean. The reason I'm so anxious is because I head back to college on Monday, and I really need a car to drive to college and back.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:15 AM   #11
dabouncerx24

Well I understand your situation. Remember, it's your decision at the end. I'm sure that you are interested in fixing your Teg and go "speeding" once in a while correct? And this car will be your daily driver for the next few years correct?

Now I know Honda engines can give you 225,000 easy. But thats considering if the car was made in 1990 or something. Do the math, that car has 22000 on it per year. I'm guessing since you need the car so urgent, the college that you are enrolled in is far away from your home correct? Take that distance, multiply by the number of times you travel from home to theirs for the next few years...add it to the miles you'll put on the engine from those "speeding" rampages (:P)...even for a Honda engine...that's kinda harsh..since it's already been worked pretty hard.

Ok I've just written half a bible...but whatever. If you're looking for cars being sold by private parties also, check this site. www.craigslist.org
It's a free advertisement site with millions of hits a day. Go to the site, find Tennesse on it, then search for Integra.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:33 AM   #12
Prophcy0

By my math there's been around 18000 miles/year on that second Integra. Craig's List is showing 0 Integras for sale in Nashville. I'm going to call the dealership that's selling that Integra tomorrow and see if I can get them to come down on the price any.

My college is about 60 miles away from here. The car will get driven less while I'm at college than my Civic did while I was in Highschool. I drove around 300 miles a week during high school, while I'll drive maybe 100 tops while I'm in college. I don't care much about doing any engine mods. I may go "speeding" every once in awhile, but my two speeding tickets have kind of taken that out of me.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:00 AM   #13
dabouncerx24

I divided the mileage by 6..not 7..because 05 just started like 5 days ago............

Here's how to deal with dealers. When a private party sells a party to a dealer, the dealer gives a price to the party depending on how much work has to be done on it to make it presentable for public sales. You ask the dealer yourself if the car needed much work (major-tune ups....body work..blah blah), and if not...they will actually sell you the car with a price near what they got it for..so you save yourself from getting ripped off.