::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #1
Prophcy0

Question about spoiler removal.

I'm seriously considering getting this Integera: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...&ac_afflt=none

If I do I want to replace the wheels, put the stock taillights back in, maybe remove the ground effects kit, and also remove the spoiler. From what I understand this will leave 4 or 5 holes in my trunk, and the only way to really seal this holes up is by getting a body shop to weld/paint them. Does anyone know how much this would cost me?
Old 01-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

200-300$ i am guessing. When i had my emblems removed they did this and it was around $200 and they repainted the trunk lid for me with that price. I gues it just varrys on body shops.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Also id really look for a manual teg if i was you. i know you dont know how to drive them. But if you learn and you go ahead and buy this car trust me your going to want it to be 5 speed. Seen it a hundred times guys go buy tegs that are auto and then turn around and want a 5 speed.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #4
Prophcy0

I'll drive my friend's Civic around some more this week and see how comfortable I am driving stick, then I'll decide.

edit - One reason I'm leaning toward an automatic is because I need a car ASAP for college, and I doubt I'll be comfortable with driving a manual car by the end of the week. Of course, in about one hour on Sunday my friend was able to get me to the point where I could drive down some country roads that had little to no traffic.

One more question about body stuff - what all would be involved with removing the ground effects kit?

Old 01-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i like that bodykit altho i am not a fan of kits. the car could use a drop tho and the stock or 98+ tailights.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #6
Prophcy0

I do plan on dropping it and putting in the 98+ taillights. Is eBay the only place to find those taillights?

Also... how much would it cost me to buy one of the 98+ front and back bumpers?
Old 01-04-2005, 11:56 PM   #7
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Prophcy0
I'll drive my friend's Civic around some more this week and see how comfortable I am driving stick, then I'll decide.

edit - One reason I'm leaning toward an automatic is because I need a car ASAP for college, and I doubt I'll be comfortable with driving a manual car by the end of the week. Of course, in about one hour on Sunday my friend was able to get me to the point where I could drive down some country roads that had little to no traffic.

One more question about body stuff - what all would be involved with removing the ground effects kit?

Probly just screws or 2 sided tape. Which it almost looks like you have lips on the car so its just pretty much 2 sided tape but id keep that on if i was you. hey man check out www.team-integra.net you can find a lot of parts on there for sale. Look around you often see people selling them taillights. but everyone wants them so they go fast. Also you can find your bumpers you are looking for as well.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:12 AM   #8
thermal
Banning Machine

I totally agree with C's comments on getting a 5 speed. It's understandable that you really need a car soon, but you also have to remember that you may have to keep this car for a while. If you think you'll be staying on this type of "scene", you'll have more fun driving a 5 speed. After 2 weeks or so, you'll get used to it. Not trying to bash auto-m owners, but after a while, you really get to know your car better. You wont even have to look at your dash nor your shifter while shifting. You'll just feel it....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:08 AM   #9
Prophcy0

I don't care to race or anything like that, but the appeal of a 5-speed is certainly there. I'm going to call this guy in Ohio about that silver Integra tomorrow, and if everything checks out with it I'll probably just go ahead and get it. if I end up really wanting to drive stick I'll just swap in a GSR motor at some point in the future.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:17 AM   #10
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by Prophcy0
...if I end up really wanting to drive stick I'll just swap in a GSR motor at some point in the future.

If you do, just keep in mind that you'll have to do an auto-to-manual conversion. It'll be a totally different project than just swapping motors.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 01-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #11
Prophcy0

Well, I just found out that car was sold yesterday. Now I have to find another silver Integra.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #12
thermal
Banning Machine

sorry to hear that man...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 01-31-2005, 10:45 PM   #13
metfan

SPOILER

I added a spoiler, to paint and install it cost me $120.00, i would imagine it may be a bit more labor to fill the holes, also may need to paint the entire deck to match paint