::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2003, 12:11 PM   #1
muvian

Interior Ideas

I am planning on buying a 1990 Honda Civic 2-Door Hatchback and was wondering if anyone had ideas for the interior and sound system. The black has black/grey carpet and black leather seats. It is manual and currently doesn't have a radio in it.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:10 PM   #2
Zexamericano

Let's see. MB Quart highs, Rockford Fosgate subs and amp with wires. That new Sony CD deck with the motorized face that folds down and then a CD rom drive comes out of it. It's badass. Recaro seats, Sparco carbon steering wheel with matching shift knob and pedals. Dual gauge pod with air fuel ratio and fuel pressure. Big ass Tach with shift light. Si gauges with indiglo. Add lots of switches controlling anything from Nitrous to Neons. LCD's in the sun visors hooked up to a playstion 2 is pretty cool. Just don't play it while driving. But it's really up to you, its your car.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:32 PM   #3
muvian

I was thinking either Rockford Fosgate/Sony Xpold/Kicker Solo-Baric with amps. (but where to put them in my hatchback?) A CD/MP3 receiver. Sparco Limited Edition seats. Ractive Carbon Tach with matching guages. Reverse indiglo guages. Under dash neons and switches all hooked to the neons/guages/ect. AND PUT A Xbox into it.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:32 PM   #4
blind34_1

wow, sounds just like when I bought my car. did it come with aftermarket crap rims? j/k... (and by the way, the hatch is referred to as a 3 door.)

apparently fourth gen civics like that are VERY easy to break into, so I would suggest getting a decent alarm system first. its not hard, I installed mine myself after having my stuff stolen twice.

next I'd suggest goin to your local junkyard and seeing if there is a 4thgen hatch that you can take parts out of. When you start painting interior peices you will most likely break them when you remove them. always good to have backups.

you could find an integra center console and modify it slightly to fit flush with the radio console and then you can have cup holders (handy).

And, there is no way your car came with leather seats stock, so they are some sort of aftermarket. if you dont like leather, del sol seats look nice, but require some fabrication and drilling. Is yours an Si, Dx, or STD?

As for a sweet setup, oh man you'll have all sorts of fun designing this. My current ideas include an amp box mounted behind the rear seats. It would extend across both seats, making them fold as one. I was going to rig up a way for the seats to fold down to 45 degree angle, so you could see the amp box (box using plexi glass, behind a wood cut and finished H emblem, all with hidden neons for the ambient glow..sweet!)
I just built a dual 12" hatch box, which fits perfectly, while still allowing the back rack to stay, which hold my 6x9 boxes. decent setup

I'd also recommend replacing the crappy cardboard divider in your trunk with at least 1/2" wood, carpeted. if you wanted to be real fancy you could cut doors into them so you can reach your jack and tire iron without taking your subs out.

4th gens are fun!
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:14 PM   #5
muvian

it is an STD and it doesnt have a trunk so there is about and 1-2 behind the rear seats. i dont know how it could be a three door. because it only has two door but it is a hatchback style.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:22 PM   #6
muvian

oops forgot to add the pic of mine. it is red though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bhhocivdxhb902a.jpg (33.3 KB, 99 views)
Old 02-24-2003, 11:56 PM   #7
blind34_1

hatch back means it has a hatch meaning it opens from the back end as well. my friend has the exact same car, and unless yours has been welded shut its a three door (hatch is considered a door in most cases). When your sitting in the drvier side, reach down with your left hand and there should be two levers. one for the trunk release and one for the gas tank flap.

If its an STD then it has the black center peice to the taillights and has no insignia (no DX, no Si).

and what are saying about this "1-2 behind the seats"? You have all sorts of room for a sound system, and itll sound great cause of the acoustics of a hatch.

heres a good forum for hatchies:
http://www.civichatchback.com/board/index.htm

and thisll give you anything else you want to know:
http://www.civic4g.com/
Old 02-25-2003, 01:55 AM   #8
Zexamericano

True, it takes alot less power to the subs to sound badass in your car.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:56 PM   #9
muvian

it is an STD model and i ment to say 1"-2" beind the seats
Old 02-26-2003, 12:32 AM   #10
davidthall55

Yeah, you won't need a whole lot of sub to be slammin in that car, my friend in high school had an 87 3 door with one 10" Kicker in back, it hit real hard. And I would recommend Kicker subs, whatever you do, don't get Sony, I bought a 10" Aluminum Xplod, supposedly a high end sub for them, and blew it out in 35 minutes. I have a Kicker Comp VR now, and it kicks ass.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:40 PM   #11
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

I have a 92 3dr hatchback. My setup is an American Sound bandpass box with 2 10" Kicker Impulse subs and an Alpine V12 amp. I like it, and it sounds really good in the hatch.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:22 AM   #12
blind34_1

davidthall55, you do know that there is a break in period for subs right? Your supposed to play them a moderate volume for a prescribed amount of time before thumpin.

oh yeah and muvian, I'm sure you meant 1' - 2' not 1"-2". (two marks means inches, and I know you have more room than that back there)