::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2003, 02:32 PM   #41
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

you CAN technically get it registered, but like what someone said before, if the DOT has not actually test crashed any CTR's, then you might as well forget about it. And even if they have, its a $5K fee. If you fail it, then you have to fork out another 5K.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:14 PM   #42
blackcivic44

yea...

spend a few weeks and read this forum and learn the basics on hondas
Old 03-02-2003, 10:16 PM   #43
wAnTtOsTrEeTrAcE

...... what?!? I know the basics of honda i have been around imports and street rods and even domestics, since i was about 5 if one thing i dont need is a baiscs on hondas............. I just noticed i sounded all pissy when i said that today some mother jumped down my throat about how i am the fast and the furious generation becuase we dont shit about cars just watch some movies and mem some shit out of magazines and think we are gods i just responded with ***** ***** please...
Old 03-03-2003, 10:35 AM   #44
slowEJ6

well judging from this thread and the things youve said regarding hondas, you come off knowing near to nothing about them.

so im still going with......research.
and refrain from using the "n" word. some members may take offense. not to be rude but i dont want to have to warn you again.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:10 AM   #45
chase

this is like a hotly debated topic on another web board i go to. a friend actually looked it up. you have to supply 3 identical cars to crash test to the dot. every aspect of the car must meet that year model requirements. if its a 50 model, and by us law in 50 a car didnt have to have seatbelts, it doesnt have to have them. but if its a 96 model, it has to conform to every and i mean EVERY law for a 96 model car, down to the 5 mph bumpers and obd 2 and every emissions test that a new car was subjected to when it was manufactured. basically if you spent 5 grand for each car, you are already at 15 grand plus the airbags and everything else to make it comply with regulations. then you have to go and get a 4th car and make sure it complies with everything except for the crash testing. but it has to be an identical model. that is why it is so expensive and unrealistic except for the people like the guy in sarasota fla that has a mclaren f1, yes its illegal and it is not registered to drive on the streets because it is not registerable as a motor vehicle. and no he has no insurance for accidents, except as covered under his homeowners insurance as that is where it is supposed to stay. but he drives it. he bought a 1 million dollar car. hell he can pay tickets.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:18 PM   #46
wAnTtOsTrEeTrAcE

Hmmm well... lets see name of this place is "forums"which people do sometimes ask for help on...... hmmmmmm cant say the "n" word allright, i can deal with that.....
Old 03-03-2003, 08:57 PM   #47
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

you bet. I love small forums for this very reason.

Old 03-04-2003, 02:50 PM   #48
Spitz

If you get that car it would be amazing, and speaking of amazing if there is nothing major wrong with it that price is amazing.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:43 PM   #49
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by wAnTtOsTrEeTrAcE
Hmmm well... lets see name of this place is "forums"which people do sometimes ask for help on...... hmmmmmm cant say the "n" word allright, i can deal with that.....

there are more places to do research in/on than a single forum.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 10:29 PM   #50
wAnTtOsTrEeTrAcE

Wow, you can do research on the internet holy Fuc....... just dont try to burn people when you dont know shi about ummmm specially if they are new to a forum that just pisses people off, sabi?
Old 03-04-2003, 11:26 PM   #51
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

dood, dont carry that attitude around here, we're just here to help u if you need.

I think you got -Some- negative comments because first of all,

you want to purchase an CTR without knowing jack shit about the cars. Thats what has been defined numerious times as being called "riceboy". :\ I dont mean to be blunt or anything man, but thats how it is...

Jus spend your time on hear, read some articles posted up by various members, question, and jus' relax man.. we're all car enthusiasts in here.

Old 03-05-2003, 10:21 PM   #52
wAnTtOsTrEeTrAcE

Man, I know shit about cars i am just new to the import scene i know basic shit not aftermarket stuff, and when i ask some quetion jumps down my throat and i just got back in his no attitude just replying.....
Old 03-17-2003, 04:43 PM   #53
turborice

Or just make your life easy and buy a civic then put a JDM engine in it!!! It'll be custom work you've done, no shipping nothing. Just your car with a JDM engine!!! Set You could even get a faster, better engine than the one that's in that civic now!!
Old 03-19-2003, 08:04 PM   #54
98DXCP

I would snatch that peice up!!! buy it, get it, kill 4 it. Well i would anyway!!!