.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2002, 02:46 PM   #1
nightwalker627

Oil dumped out everywhere

Ok here is what happened went to church this morning everything was fine didn't speed today. Get back in my car 2 hrs later and stop for gas, when i get out i see a trail of oil drops about 10 ft back leading to my car. I check the dipstick and sure enough it was WAY below the marks so i dump in a qt and start up the car and look under the driver front wheel and it's leaking MAJOR right by the crank pulley!! :( So here is what has been done in the last 2 months. put on new water pump and ALL new belts and also replaced the oil pump O-ring and the filter base o-ring. The only thing i can think of is maybe the oil pump o-ring blew again or the front seal on the crank but it hasn't had anymore oil than between the marks on the dipstick. So any ideas? And how much am i looking at??? Or does and can the oil pump go out and cause this maybe? 92 accord wagon 140k
any comments would be great!

Thanks
Old 12-01-2002, 03:02 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think it's the front crank seal. mine used to do the same thing. i just keep the oil halfway between the lines and it's fine

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 03:11 PM   #3
nightwalker627

I tried that i put in a qt and drove not enough 20 feet and it trailed behind the car and poured back out on to the ground so I wasn't about to drive it 20 miles back home with it pouring out like it was it dripped when the car was off, but as soon as I start the engine it flows back out. I was afraid that's what it is. front seal. That would be a total break down of the engine won't it? How much you thinking that would run? I have a new pan gasket already i got for it. Which will save like 40$ and i only paid 10 for it from honda. lol it's nice having some family work for Honda Corp in CA. special prices on parts and cars.

Thanks
Old 12-01-2002, 07:20 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yup, the front seal is blown, but that will involve tearing down the engine

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 05:21 PM   #5
Greasemonkey75

Your accord has the 2.2l I belive, what has happened is the balancer shaft seal has "blown" out. There is an updated seal retainer that the dealer sells so it will not be an issue in the future. If it did indeed come out, you will need that retainer, the seal and the timing, balancer belt unfortunatly.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:37 PM   #6
n2ocivic

that is correct, your main shaft bearing seal has busted, my mom's Acura CL did the same thing. I'm not sure how much it cost to fix, but they do put in a retainer to hold it in place. Also, my dad called Acura and told them about what had happened and they actually covered the cost of fixing it. Wouldn't hurt to try
Old 12-16-2002, 02:06 AM   #7
armyguy5
3rd Gear

heres whats wrong

sorry for this late reply but it is the front balancer shaft seal. It has "walked" out of the oil pump housing. My brother a Honda Tech has confirmed this problem. You'll need a timing belt.....balance shaft belt......cam seal(recommenede per mileage) and a balance shaft seal retainer ($7 from honda.)

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 02:09 AM   #8
armyguy5
3rd Gear

by the way

honda will not cover anything that's not '94-'97 and under 75K.....if u want it fixed at a dealer it'll run u about 5-600 depending on what work u want done
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote