.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2002, 12:56 PM   #1
spoogenet

6th Gen I4 Accord: Engine RPMs drop too low

I have noticed a few times that, when sticking in the clutch and coasting, the engine speed will drop very low, like to a couple hundred RPM, then bounce back up to 750. I always worried it would stall. Well, the other day she did stall on me. The engine was just beginning to warm up, I was cruising in 5th at 45 or so when I popped in the clutch and the engine died.

Is there any way I can control the RPMs such that it won't do this? It seems like the RPMs just drop too quickly and overshoot the 750 idle speed. I'm not sure if I noticed it before I put on the CAI, but I think it was a problem pre-CAI.

Could there be a slight vacuum problem, or some other cause of it? It's not a big deal, it only happened once and I'm sure it'll be rare, also it's not like I'm driving with the transmission engaged when it happens....it's more of a nuissance.

b
Old 11-07-2002, 12:51 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

clean up your throttle body dude, and that channel to bypass it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 05:06 PM   #3
spoogenet

Any advice on cleaning it? Should I remove the TB and clean it with some specific solution? What kind of solution? Or should I run something through the intake while the engine's running (doesn't sound like a good idea)?

b
Old 11-07-2002, 05:09 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i used some valvoline tb cleaner to clean mine up, and the dirrections are on the spray can. the reason i chose valvoline is because you clean it with the engine off, so none of the chemicals are getting into the engine, and all you have to take apart is the intake

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote