.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2002, 10:33 PM   #1
bizkit18

Please Help Me

I wrote before about having fuel problems. (rust in fuel). I replaced the fuel tank and the filters. When I started the car after these changes it instantly sounded better. While idleing I can rev the car and it does not miss or sputter. But after I drove it things changed. I pulled off and eased away. Everything seemed fine until I gased it. After V-tec engaged it started the same crap all over again. Took the car back home turned it off.. looked under the hood just racking my brain on what in the world is going on here? Started the car again and it was fine. Drove up the road and as long as I stayed below v-tec it was fine. But after v-tec it starts sputtering and makes high pitched noises through exhaust. And it won't work right until I shut the car off and wait a little bit. Please please please help me someone I'm about to go crazy. Could it be V-tec solenoid or some sensor , bad wiring (motor installed by Mahdavi Motorsports), I dont know and I'm tired of wasting money. Please HELP!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2002, 01:09 AM   #2
darkdaedra

If you're tired of wasting money, take it to a mechanic you trust to find the problem. Shouldn't cost more than $100. Then fix the problem yourself. Sorry I don't have better advice. To me it sounds like the VTEC may be shot - meaning new engine I think. But I don't like to jump to conclusions. Have the car checked out by a GOOD mechanic.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:33 AM   #3
ShEaNy

lol it looks like u got a swap there....take it to the place where u got the swap done and say WHAT THE F*CK...how long has the engine been in there? tell em something is wrong know and u want it fixed..or at least found...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:49 AM   #4
bizkit18

cant take it back

I wish I could take it back. I can't. First of all its like three hundred and something miles up there and I don't want to drive the car that far. Secondly, all they are going to say is startup warranty ran out when you left. Then they will proceed to make me spend money on something I could have fixed myself. I'm just tryin to save myself the time and money. Thats why I'm asking you guys.

I checked the ECU this morning. No codes. But when I give the car gas it still sputters like its not getting gas. Could the coolant sensor have anything to do with it? What about the main relay? Or maybe its the injectors?
Old 12-06-2002, 11:04 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i would go for the injectors and a vacuum check. i had the same problem with my car and it didn't throw any codes.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 03:57 PM   #6
bizkit18

Me too

I was leaning toward the injectors too. I changed the coolant sensor today and it didn't help. Also I have a B&M pressure regulator. I turned it up to about 55 psi and it seemed to get better. That would lead me to believe the engine isn't getting enough fuel. That goes to injectors or pump. Pump is new.
How do I check vacumm.
Also I was wondering what MAP sensor should I be using. The stock one is on the car now. And also if I get new injectors what kind should I get.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:21 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

55 psi on your fuel system ? are you out of your mind ? that car is gonna run too rich. i'm not sure but yours should have tops 42 psi.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:37 AM   #8
Kyle
elyK

try cleaning your injectors...that could help.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:44 AM   #9
Greasemonkey75

So you had rust in your fuel system?!
All the way up to the fuel rail?
If the rust got to the rail, or made the filter disintegrate to the point of sending parts of it to the rail you have a few things wrong.
First thing is you need to remove the fuel rail and pressure regulator. You then need to remove the injectors one at a time and look at the screens in the top of the injector. You can remove them by carefully getting your fingernail under the lip and getting it out. I would get a white piece of lint free cloth and tap the top of the inj. lightly on the cloth to get them out, you can then see if anything was indeed in there. If the screens are broken you will need new injectors, if they are just clogged then you can clean them out and re install them.
The second thing you need to look at is the pressure regulator, see if its got any debris in it causing it to jam open. If you remove the inj. screens and there was debris in them I would go with a new regulator.
Good luck with it, hope I help you with some ideas.Take it apart and let us know what you find.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:01 PM   #10
bizkit18

maybe this is it.

I pulled the rail off. It looks good. Got the regulator off and it had a little bit of residue from the rust. Got down to the injectors and the little screens in the top are full of rust residue.( they are red). How should I clean them. Or can I get new ones for cheap. Thanks guys for all the help.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:50 PM   #11
Greasemonkey75

You can not get new screens unless you have some injectors (new or used, they don't come sepratly)
Just try to get as much out as you can,tapping them on the ground or something and use something light in color so you can see what comes out. You will have to look at the screen when its all cleared out and make sure it isn't broken. If it is broken then you will need new/used injectors. The residue in the pressure regulator has me worried as well.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:38 PM   #12
bizkit18

Thanks a million everyone

You guys are tha bomb!! After I cleaned the little filters and reinstalled everything, bam, she fired right up and ran great. I took it for a test drive and wow! This is the first time I drove the car with that much response and power. I am eternally greatful for all of your help.
Oh, and btw the residue in the regulator was a false alarm. Turns out it was pieces of the lock tight from where I had installed the B&M regulator. They dropped in when I took it apart. I guess I'm gonna go ahead and get new injectors. What kind does everyone reccommend?
Thanks again!!