.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #1
1 slow D

high idle now

I'm a novice.......need help!!!

Recently I installed a timing belt/water pump onto my civic. It was rather easy having mechanical background however this is the first honda engine I have touch in regards to these parts. I looked at the timing marks on the crank and cam gear, for some reason they seemed to look almost a 1/2 tooth off all the time. I tried to correct for this, but all I ended up with was the same 1/2 tooth off look. Maybe I'm seeing shit, who knows.

When I started my car up it high idles around 1500rpm or so. I figured it was just the warm up stage so I let it warm up, nope, it high idles even after I try to kick down that idle its still up there. It idled fine prior to my messing with things.

Any ideas would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
1 slow D

Just sitting there playing around with it and monitoring my vtec on the afc. When the vtec kicks in around 5k it sputters a lot, doesnt fall on its face, just sputters. Has a check engine light also.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:59 PM   #3
1 slow D

Another thing I forgot to mention is its turbo charged........good mistake eh!!!

Throttle cable is good.

I went out and rented a scanner from checker auto parts, hooked up says I have a 108 code which is a MAP circuit high input. I have a check valve from turbonetics on there so maybe that went bad, cant wait to get a price on that baby.......................
Old 03-29-2004, 05:25 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i dunno what to say man. did u advance the ignition timing by any chance ? i know when my map sensore went bad the idle dropped to almost nothing

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote