.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2004, 07:56 PM   #1
HoNdA 92

Stuck in 1st GEAR!!!!

My car won't go into any other gear than 1st. I have an automatic transmission 1992 Honda Accord EX. When I turn the car on it is fine. Then a couple of seconds later, the D4 on the console turns on and the shifter button that releases the shifter clicks and I can move the shifter freely WITHOUT pressing the brake. It is only supposed to be released when you have your foot on the brake. The D4 green light stays on and when I drive it stays in 1st gear and kinda shakes a little. Does anybody know what could be wrong with my car. Thanks. Oh yeah. I tried the self diagnosis thing with the wire by the passenger kick panel and the green light blinks once real long then twice real quick. I'm guessing that is a code 12 right, or wrong. HELP!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:54 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

man what's with the trannies on 92's. well when you move that freely from park it's the shift lock solenoid. one quick question for you: are the brake lights working ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:50 PM   #3
HoNdA 92

Yeah the brake lights work. I haven't checked out all the components yet cause I've been pretty sick, but hopefully soon I can get down to business. Are '92 trannies messin up alot?
Old 03-25-2004, 08:04 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i dunno, mide does that

Old 03-25-2004, 10:40 PM   #5
IALuder

get a 5spd tranny swap!!! that will solve all problems and make more new ones!!!

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:06 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

wel lso yhe gtreen light does the code 12 ? or the check engine light ? i looked over the codes and the tranny does not have a code 12. and mine started doing it 3 days ago. i noticed the shift solenoid A is messed up. $150 for the parts

Old 03-28-2004, 06:51 PM   #7
HoNdA 92

the green D4 light is the one that blinks. It blinked one long blink then two quick blinks. BUt the funny thing is that I went out to check out the shifting system and when I turned the car on, the green light wasn't on anymore. It worked just fine. I drove it around and nothing. So I decided that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I'll just drive it around until it does it again then mess with it.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:42 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah, mine did that a while ago, theb 2 weeks ago it started doing it again, worked fine for 2 weeks then all of a sudden boom, it was gone. try cleaning the shift solenoid connections and use dielectric grease. sometimes that works wonders