.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
Masamune
1st Gear

Engine and electrical probs

This is getting to be an annoyance in my car (not to mention dangerous). It's winter time here, and I got a 93 Accord that the battery keeps getting drained from the cold and also from just siting there for about 3 months. This is expected. I recently took a battery charger to the battery and left it on slow trickle charge for 3 days. I re-installed the battery, started it up, and it worked just fine. Until it got warm. When that happens, there is a HUGE lag in the gas pedal. I'm taking like 3-5 seconds (It's a 5-speed, btw). Letting it sit in my driveway for awhile running, I noticed that the RPM's were going way too low for normal (5-600 rpm). The engine is rather tired (221000 miles) but this is ridiculous. Can someone point me in some kind of direction? Oh, just as a side note, does anyone know how to get to the light bulbs behind my spinny knobs for my A/C, fan, etc. it went out. Thank you kindly to anyone who responds. Please do so soon though.

Out

Last edited by Masamune : 01-25-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:06 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well it is because the ecu reset itself when the batery drained. i would remve the battery again for 30 minutes and put it back on, let the car idle for 15 minutes, then drive it normally around the block a few times. that should reset the ecu. also it might take 30-40 starts for your ecu to come back to normal. mine does the same thing when the battery does

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
4drmadness

another thing is that if the cells are low in the battery and even though you charge it up the battery might still be weak and need to be replaced as a whole...
As hondaman-iac stated it might possibly take time for the ECU to reset but hoe my little tid bit helps...
Old 03-12-2004, 01:54 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i noticed in the other post that you fixed the alternator. what was wrong with it ?

Old 03-13-2004, 03:12 PM   #5
Masamune
1st Gear

the brushes on the inside were worn down to nothing. No brush contact = no electricity. The guy I brought it to said he could do it for 20 dollars if I brought it to him out of the car. Final price? $18.
Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 01:29 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

nice. i think mine has the same problem. i was thinking about going with a 135amp alternator