.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2002, 03:11 PM   #1
OPAKRACING

Aw damn it!...

I took my door panel off to fix my window (it was slow)
and i took the door panel off, and looked at the metal track that the window slides up adn down on. So i rolled the window up all the way, and hten rolled it down, and what was happening is that the window, when it got about half way down, was trying to pop itself out of the track. i have no idea why, HELP!

thnx for the help.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:32 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

look to seeif the rubber track is torn inside

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 06:55 PM   #3
Quevv

I'm having a similar problem. but my window is popped completely out of the track and i can't get it back in. The track seems to be fine, maybe I have a dysfunction of my fine motor skills and can't put it in the gapping 3in track. (sarcasm)
Old 12-10-2002, 08:06 PM   #4
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by Quevv
I'm having a similar problem. but my window is popped completely out of the track and i can't get it back in. The track seems to be fine, maybe I have a dysfunction of my fine motor skills and can't put it in the gapping 3in track. (sarcasm)

yea man, mine popped out completely too, so i un bolted the track from the bottom (near the speaker hole) and on teh top (under the tweeter(ya gotta take the mirror off))

but when finaly got it back on the track, adn i rolled it down the test it, it got half way down, and started pushing against the rubber part of the track and was gunna pop right back off if i kept rolling it down...WTF! how do i fix it!?
Old 12-10-2002, 08:19 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
yea man, mine popped out completely too, so i un bolted the track from the bottom (near the speaker hole) and on teh top (under the tweeter(ya gotta take the mirror off))

but when finaly got it back on the track, adn i rolled it down the test it, it got half way down, and started pushing against the rubber part of the track and was gunna pop right back off if i kept rolling it down...WTF! how do i fix it!?

i did that once on a 97 civic and i had the window rolled down brfore screwing the track back in place, otherwise it will just keep on popping up

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 09:11 PM   #6
jdmeg

sounds like u need a new window regulator and inspect the run channel for any rips or tear
Old 12-10-2002, 10:31 PM   #7
SofaKingSmooth

new pieces are in order for that problem
Old 12-10-2002, 11:17 PM   #8
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by SofaKingSmooth
new pieces are in order for that problem

haha, you sound like yoda. hehe

anyways guys, i hope hondaman is right for this problem, i hope i just need to unbolt it, adn bolt it back on with the window down.