::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2002, 11:47 PM   #1
Hyjnx da Civic

Arospeed adjustable's

my friend has a 90 Civic Si, and hes got some Arospeed adjustable springs... i was wondering, he said that he liked his, and that maybe i should consider them, i know they are cheap and that was one of the first things that caught my eye....130 for 0"-4"'s i was like hmm...and he hasnt had any problems with them, i was just wondering from all the experts out there (everyone that reads this) what do u think ?
Old 07-01-2002, 12:11 PM   #2
VieT916

With suspension, you get what you pay for. I don't know what kinds of spring rates they use, but I'm sure they're not even close to ideal for hard driving. They might be okay for around-the-town use, but throw your car into a canyon, and you'll probably get nothing but understeer. Cheap coilovers are also known for the springs slipping off the adjustable perches when the springs begin to compress fully and put pressure on the perch, so be careful with that. It's happened to a few OBX and Weapon*R owners, and I don't see why Arospeed would be any different.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:36 PM   #3
VieT916

Oh, and just to add, if you want serious handling from a coilover setup, you could go with custom rated GC's (maybe 400-450 lb/in in front and 250-285 lb/in in the rear) on Koni Yellows with a 22 mm rear anti-sway bar from Progress or Comptech.

Or you could stick with the tried-and-true H&R Race springs (linear rated and VERY stiff ) on Koni Yellows. That would be good, also, and they lower your car about 2.75" in the front and around 2.3" in the rear. That's low enough, I would think.

Just my $.02. . . .
Old 07-02-2002, 10:40 AM   #4
Hyjnx da Civic

Tru tru, i was thinkin bout all of those, but in the future im going to be droppin an SC in so i need something cheap but i still want the look, im not going canyon riding anytime soon not in the middle of Blue Collar Maryland...(btw I love your car i looked at ur website, nice to see another 4dr ripping it up) so as u can tell im lookin at keepin the costs low but still get the same affect, some people that i have talked to say that arospeed is good, not as GREAT as H&R but for the money they are good ....
Old 07-02-2002, 11:20 AM   #5
VieT916

Quote:
Originally posted by Hyjnx da Civic
Tru tru, i was thinkin bout all of those, but in the future im going to be droppin an SC in so i need something cheap but i still want the look, im not going canyon riding anytime soon not in the middle of Blue Collar Maryland...(btw I love your car i looked at ur website, nice to see another 4dr ripping it up) so as u can tell im lookin at keepin the costs low but still get the same affect, some people that i have talked to say that arospeed is good, not as GREAT as H&R but for the money they are good ....

Ah, that's cool. I understand. You could try Arospeeds, but I heard the Maxspeed R1's were also pretty good for the money. I think they're like $150 or around there. But yeah, if you just want something to drop your car, the Arospeeds should be good.

PS -- Bow down to the sedans!
Old 07-03-2002, 05:08 PM   #6
Hyjnx da Civic

hehe ill look into the Maxspeed R1's, my friend owns a Bimma, and totaly is talkin me into Teins, ya i know they are ALOT of money, but they are also top quality, the only reason i would say no is cuz the site is so damn confusing....