::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2003, 09:48 AM   #1
DJWURM

KYB shocks, AGX or GR2?

Hey guys im tired of my lowered 99 ex civic bouncing all over the place so im looking into getting new shocks and struts. ive heard some of you suggest the koni yellows. anyone know of the KYB AGX's or The GR2?

ARE the AGX's worth the extra 150 bucks over the GR2's? my car isnt heavily modified just tanabe racing medallian exhaust dc sprots 4-2-1 header aem cai, and skunk coilovers and black racing rims.

rgds
chris
Old 04-21-2003, 09:55 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well the agx's are adjustable stock replacement shocks, and they can handle drops to 1.5". i had them on my car with some eibach prokits and i can say that the suspension was stiff as hell. The GR2 are just oem replacements. i have konis with ground control coilovers and i love the new suspension to death. i think those were the best $1000 i spent on the car so far

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:41 AM   #3
cashizslick

Tokico illumina's
Old 04-21-2003, 10:52 AM   #4
JDMB16

go with Konis...seriously Spending the extra money is worth it
Old 04-21-2003, 11:19 AM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

definately Koni yellows...super adjustability....cant beat em

plus they have a llifetime warranty (for original owner)...something goes wrong on em...send em back (for repairs or exchange depending)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 11:26 AM   #6
DJWURM

humm sorry guys i went with the tokico illuminas just found some online for 350 plus 29 shipping, and thats about all i had to spend right know... couldnt find koni yellows anywhere near that price. but thanks for the advice anyhow....
Old 04-21-2003, 08:59 PM   #7
alpine3069

well that is good because i have gr2's on mine and they are a little stiff and i am going to change them out soon
Old 04-22-2003, 11:25 AM   #8
Mushroom

350s pretty good. I have AGX on mine, set to medium stiffness - not too stiff (I think Stefan's a whimp), very nice controlled ride. Then again, I'm comparing to stock.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:24 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
350s pretty good. I have AGX on mine, set to medium stiffness - not too stiff (I think Stefan's a whimp), very nice controlled ride. Then again, I'm comparing to stock.

i have some poly bushings too and with the kyb's i could't make a turn without having the wheels squeal

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 01:26 PM   #10
nonovurbizniz

I had the gr2's with pro-kit they are a little rough but only on hard hits' which is more because of the porgressive nature of the spring then the shock... however they do have a similar system as the road sensing crap monroe advertises... so they can get REALLY stiff on some bumps... over all I liked them.. never really wanted them any harder or softer... but that's me the benifit of the agx's is just adjustability.