::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2003, 08:31 PM   #1
cmann

Side body molding ??

My civic has black side molding along the doors and...well... i dont want them there. I was thinkin of takin them off, but im not sure if they would leave holes or something. Does anyone have pics of their car with the molding off/painted? Would i need to take my car to a shop to remove them?

Thanks
Old 04-18-2003, 09:29 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

theyre held on by clips, so yeah you'd have all these little holes

if you had a hatch you could get ctr moulding, which is thinner...but you cant...neither can i :curses:

you can always paint them to match the car though...thats not a bad idea...OR you can take it to a body shop and they'll remove and fill the holes and "trench" so the whole panel is flat and painted
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 01:57 AM   #3
AzCivic

I say get them painted to match the rest of the car, (please dont do it in some off the wall color) I did and I'm very happy with how it looks.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:22 PM   #4
Mischief(LTS)

yea, for show im removing all the logos and side mouldings. it's definately sick if you can afford to get the holes filled and if you are repainting the car. looks very clean and showy without them. i hope im talkin about the same thing..

here's my car primed and ready for painting, i photoshopped the panels off to see what it will look like after i painted and shaved it...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg headlight020.jpg (94.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 04-19-2003, 01:20 PM   #5
Operatic

heres my car, no side moldings like ya wanted to see. sorry for the bad picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg auto05.jpg (64.4 KB, 50 views)
Old 04-19-2003, 04:37 PM   #6
cmann

the shaved moldings look good Operatic. how much did it cost?
Old 04-20-2003, 07:50 AM   #7
Operatic

to be honest, no fricken clue. i got the entire car painted and de-dent-a-fied all at once. well, if you want, you can try to figure out some numbers by using my final cost which is 1,700.

so lets say
- 600 for paint
-------
-400 for air ducts
-------
-200 for the side moldings
-------
-100 for new hood
-------
-400 for god knows what else =P

so in the end, i have no real idea what each part cost me, except the hood, cause he said 100 for the new hood.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:07 AM   #8
sc0rch

if you do decide to have it done by a body shop.......find the best body shop around.....cause if not they will fill it with bondo and chances are it's conna crack like mad cause you cant fill a ****in trench with bondo.......i cant remember for sure but i think when i was in school it was like absolutly no more than a 1/4 inch.....and thats pushing it........when the panels flex from regular driving it will cause it to slowly crack and eventually look like complete shit...........oh and dont do it yourself unless you have plenty of experience or you'll get waves in the bondo
Old 04-20-2003, 11:08 AM   #9
sc0rch

$1100 for air ducts????? jesus you got ripped........(i just noticed that after i posted)
Old 04-20-2003, 01:48 PM   #10
Operatic

na, minus 400 for airducts. the whole paint job/body work thing all together was 1,700. i'm guessing the air ducts to was around 400, cause they had to drill a hole into my car. as far as actuall price, i'm unsure.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:34 PM   #11
cmann

thanks for the help. im prob gonna get the moldings taken off this summer.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:42 PM   #12
Mirkwo0dForest

i crashed my car into a freakin post and i need one of the molding since it kinda broke/fell off.... if any of you have a 2 door 6th gen i might be willing o buy them from you.....
*evil laugh*
*cough*
*fart*