Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2003, 02:24 PM   #1
02_Si
2nd Gear

Keyed Car

SOME SCHMOE KEYED MY CAR ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO AND I AM GOING TO HAVE TO GET A NEW PAINT JOB.. ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH IT WILL COST? I AM DEBATING IF I SHOULD GET A BODY KIT FOR MY CAR... IF I DO THEN I'LL JUST WAIT TO GET IT REPAINTED WHEN I PUT ON MY BODY KIT... DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH NEW FACTORY PAINT JOB WILL COST ???
02_Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 03:06 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

woa Im real sorry to hear that man...I'll never understand why people do that shit...its the lowest or the low.

Well the paint cost varies from location to location, and how much paint they actually use. If you just want to fix scratches and use the same paint it shouldnt cost more than a couple hundred...but if you go body kit (bad idea imho) it will cost a lot more
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 07:42 PM   #3
wheresmylicense

yea, don't get a body kit... i've always thought that body kits and hondas don't mix... it looks cleaner if you just lower it... that's the least of your worries right now, tho... sorry dude.

Pictures of My Baby
wheresmylicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:04 PM   #4
Mirkwo0dForest

DAMMIT why the hell would someone key a car?!!?!?!?
that pisses me off...
i like body kits, if u get it repainted make sure u get a color that will add HP!! a nice ricey yellow or green!!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:32 PM   #5
RU_Teg

damn im really sorry to hear that dude...well i wouldnt get a body kit either b/c that civic hb looks nice the way it is..juss lower it...and the paint depends on where u get it done...like professional job or low budget job at Macco...
Old 04-18-2003, 11:05 PM   #6
Spitz

that sucks but if you decide to go body kit i like that wings west one they put on the $250000 si that is alpines show car.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:26 PM   #7
RU_Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitz
that sucks but if you decide to go body kit i like that wings west one they put on the $250000 si that is alpines show car.

ah yes, that is a very nice body kit none the less...i just bought that issue of Super Street magazine...very impressive civic that alpine made into their show car...too bad they didnt do much to the engine...
Old 04-19-2003, 01:55 AM   #8
AzCivic

You dont have insurance???

Theyre going to have to repaint the whole section that was keyed(like the hood or roof, etc), and if the car was keyed all over the place then the whole car is going to need repainting in which case its going to be at least 2-3k$
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 10:48 AM   #9
02_Si
2nd Gear

man, that's a lot of money... more than I have... yah, i am still debating about the body kit... I doubt I'll get it... but if I do, then Wings West will definitely be the one... but the Buddy Club kit looks pretty sweet too... I plan on lowering it some day... I'm pretty broke right now... I did see that movie Bulletproof Munk last night though and it was tight ... I'm gonna pull some Chow Yun Fat moves on the next person who tried to key my car.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:10 PM   #10
maikoshi

Why would someone key a car? I keyed a car once, and no I don't regret it. I bought a car with someone and we were supposed to share to go to back & forth to school with. Yeah, I know what you are thinking - why the hell did I do that. Well, I had lots of reasons but anyways they just took the car pretty much for themselves. So I keyed up half of it and busted out half of the windows. I told them it was my half, so why does he care?

Ummm 3,000 for my half of the car 1,000 tution already paid for no reason since I couldn't get to school. That's a reason to key a car. I could probably list a few others. But to do it just to do it, yeah thats kinda ****ed up.

Don't go to Macco...ew.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:23 PM   #11
02_Si
2nd Gear

does macco really suck that bad? I've thought about going there but should I?
Old 04-19-2003, 06:37 PM   #12
02_Si
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by maikoshi
Why would someone key a car? I keyed a car once, and no I don't regret it. I bought a car with someone and we were supposed to share to go to back & forth to school with. Yeah, I know what you are thinking - why the hell did I do that. Well, I had lots of reasons but anyways they just took the car pretty much for themselves. So I keyed up half of it and busted out half of the windows. I told them it was my half, so why does he care?

Ummm 3,000 for my half of the car 1,000 tution already paid for no reason since I couldn't get to school. That's a reason to key a car. I could probably list a few others. But to do it just to do it, yeah thats kinda ****ed up.

Don't go to Macco...ew.

Man, i keyed a car once... but I think I was like 16 years old... I feel bad now because I know how painful it is... but the dumb guy parked so close to my car that I couldn't even get it in.. i had to crawl thru the passenger side door to get to my driver seat... so that was very annoying. But I guess what goes around comes around so I guess I deserved to be keyed.. but my debt is paid so the next time I will have vengeance
02_Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 07:52 PM   #13
Mirkwo0dForest

DUDE.... Goto Maaco, they do a good job... Plus u get a warantee so if it fux up u can take it bAk up there
Old 04-19-2003, 11:17 PM   #14
AzCivic

IF you go to maaco you better get their top of the line job because anything less is going to be crap.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 11:45 PM   #15
maikoshi

I park really shitty sometimes. Once someone put a note on my car that said *i hope your car rolled otherwise you are a jackass that cant park*

hahahahahaaaa

Every Macco job I have ever seen was really shitty. I got some touch up stuff done by them not long ago n I totally regret it. But hey, who the hell am I?
Old 04-20-2003, 11:11 AM   #16
sc0rch

just hope that when they keyed it they didnt make push really hard and make a groove in the panel......then your in for some shit......a paint job wont cover that
Old 04-20-2003, 12:44 PM   #17
Mirkwo0dForest

MAACO had a WARANTEE
if it sux... make it chip and then take it back and ***** at them
Old 04-20-2003, 01:49 PM   #18
sc0rch

lol maaco is a joke....they use paint thats outta date and dont always prime and sand......my old car was painted at maaco the expensive package b4 i bought it......and the paint started chipping off and you could see they didnt prime or sand the old paint
Old 04-20-2003, 02:01 PM   #19
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

maaco...dont get me started...Ive said it more than enough times...they suck...I'll leave it at that
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 04:33 PM   #20
maikoshi

Um, hey genius... I took it back. They did a bad job the first time, guess what they did the 2nd and soon to be 3rd? Yes, that's right - A BAD JOB!

Just shell out and get it done right.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:02 PM   #21
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Quote:
I park really shitty sometimes. Once someone put a note on my car that said *i hope your car rolled otherwise you are a jackass that cant park*

hahahahahaaaa

ROFL, now thats a riot.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 03:59 PM   #22
iRACEmyCTR

my car got keyed at school a couple months ago. i never found out who it was, probly some jealous loser who couldnt handle a civic being fast. does insurance cover a keying? cuz i have full coverage i dunno....
Old 04-21-2003, 07:27 PM   #23
Quevv

Quote:
Originally posted by iRACEmyCTR
my car got keyed at school a couple months ago. i never found out who it was, probly some jealous loser who couldnt handle a civic being fast. does insurance cover a keying? cuz i have full coverage i dunno....

Insurance will cover it if you have comprehensive insurance
Old 04-21-2003, 08:13 PM   #24
Mirkwo0dForest

Quote:
Um, hey genius... I took it back. They did a bad job the first time, guess what they did the 2nd and soon to be 3rd? Yes, that's right - A BAD JOB!

Just shell out and get it done right.

well penis-wrinkle...
my dad got his Vette painted at Maaco and they got it right the first time. it looks so0o0o nice. plus if it ever gets fuxXed, he can take it bAk. been good for almost 4 years now though...

By the way...
i hate peas!
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Old 04-21-2003, 09:45 PM   #25
maikoshi

Well pussy wrinkle:

- Good for yo daddy.
- Yes, as I previously mentioned, I know you can take it back. They continue to do a half assed job.. am I the only person that realizes this?

*Eats some peas*