Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2004, 09:20 AM   #1
96 Jdm EK

raves and rants

This isn't a kill story, I just need to vent:
I enjoy reading all of the posts in here. The help pass the time at work. The recent post by GT40FIED got me thinking. What can we, mainly as the import community, and the car culture as a whole, do about certain indivduals that tarnish not only the import culture, but the whole car culture as well? Face it, the whole import scene got started by people taking tuning methods previously used on v8's and applying them to 4 cyl's. Combustion happens the same, whether in 4, 6, or 8 cylinders.
Who the hell goes around calling someone elses car a piece of sh*t just because it's an 84 Mustang? That 84 Mustang is not my personal car of choice, but I am smart enough to appreciate all of the time, money, effort, and tuning that went into it. True car guys (and girls) should applaud innovation and hard work, whether in the form of an Import or Domestic. On that note, the purists in here will like my current project: Fabricating an old DSM turbo onto my Honda lawn tractor. Why? you ask? Because the day (Oct. 27, 2003) I heard the nissan skyline will be in the US in 2007, I sold everything off my civic and returned it to stock. I got a second job at nights and on weekends and have been saving money like crazy ever since. So anyway, this lawn mower thing will keep me busy. Thanks for listening to me rant.
Oh yeah, Paint those bodykits!!! You look stupid driving around with them primered. Don't have money for it right now? Then leave it off the car until you do.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:29 PM   #2
Civickid0to60

Oh yeah, Paint those bodykits!!! You look stupid driving around with them primered. Don't have money for it right now? Then leave it off the car until you do.
---- I agree with that BUT....that is exactly why people down the import community.

Most power hungry car guys (and girls) dont seem to think that there is any reason to buy bodykits and accesories, neons or what have you. Thus comes the term ricer......

Ricer is the term used for someone who cheaply throws their car together, makes it look worse then it previously did, and/or does the beautification of the car and leaves it at that, doesn't do anyhting but looks. that is my definition of a ricer.

only problem is everyones definition is different.......there will always be assholes no matter how much you rage on about it. But by using the way people tlak you can tell who knows what.

EXAMPLE: (this is my rant) My friend who drives a TSI AWD and me were in wendys at the local hangout....well, in comes this dick head bobby (yes the one my girlfriend showed up with see the vent it here post) who thinks he knows everything about cars comes in with his dickhead friend who thinks he does too. Only problem is is he is an ignorant cockmaster (bobby's friend) who only races at the track not on the street. He comes up to my friend and is like yea so i hear your planning on making that 4 banger fast (he drives a pontiac so he hates 4 bangers aka hes a cockmaster). My friend tells him frank 3 turbo, 660cc injectors, walboro fuel pump, 24" intercooler etc... the dick then goes "yea i dont know anything about all that, all i know is cams heads and crankshafts REAL power." I laughed, then we all went outside, and the kids like you know an intercooler wont do shit for your car right? they only help out when your going over 85 mph. WTF?! So my friend who knows all turbos inside and out starts complaing..... now think, didnt this guy just say he didnt know shit about turbos? ERR i ****ing hate haterz.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

-MOVED---------
Not a Kill
----MOVED------
Old 01-20-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
black95gs-t

IMO the only people that deserve the term "RICER," are the posers who talk mad s**t and know nothing about their car. They go buy a K&N filter and think they can compete with a Vette. The ones who have the stickers, but none of the parts. A stereo system where the bass sounds like me exhaust. Dumbass posers basically.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:20 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Ahhh...I'm the reason yet another thread is started. Mwahahaha.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:55 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i need pics of the lawnmower turbo'd when your done or imma ban you

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:53 AM   #7
ricerX

That's funny...turbo'ed lawnmower. Personally I mocked up some NOS on mine for fun. The neighbors were giving me a hard time (all in good fun) about the teg...comments about NAWS and BOOST were flying around. Just for laughs, I got a big NOS sticker and put it on the back of my riding mower. I took a blue empty propane tank (the kind that go in a torch for soldering pipes) and mounted it under the sticker on the back. Then I ran some old stainless steel braided brakeline from the bottle up the side of the mower into the engine compartment. It actually looks like a nice clean install...only it's on an old riding mower. Needless to say, they thought it was pretty funny the next time I cut the grass.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:31 PM   #8
AkimboStylee

this is hilarious

hehe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (2.9 KB, 10 views)
AkimboStylee is offline   Reply With Quote