::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2003, 05:59 PM   #1
Civickid0to60

Me vs. 2003 civic turbo

Im driving down a highway towards my house today, and I am going about 55, and as I pass a merge lane I see a Front Mount Intercooled riced out 2003 civic blast out behind me. In the three lane highway I am in the middle and he just came out on the right side. He has graphics galore, a huge metal wing(or shopping cart handles as I call them), he also has cntwin as his license plate, well, we come to a light, and there is noone in front of the light. He rolls down his window and asks what I have, I tell him, he tells me he has a full cat-back, and intake and an 18g turbo and a new fuel pump. Well he seemed like a pretty cool kid, but then he had to open his mouth. and i quote,'
"Yea, your cars cool, but if you read the license plate then you know whats about to happen."
Wow, i said to myself, what a freakin' moron. Well, I just nodded and smiled. He revved his engine, and i reved mine to 2000, the light changed and I took off by far the best launch of my life. He then proceed to squeel out of 2nd and get to my rear bumper but he never gained and i didnt really pull much. Since the road was so long we got up to 95 mph, cause he just wouldnt stop thinking we were racing. Then finally he let off. Turns out he was actually a cool kid, cause we pulled into a gas station together and talked for awhile. good race.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:50 AM   #2
get_probed

sounds like a nice race, how much boost was he running?
Old 11-16-2003, 09:46 AM   #3
Civickid0to60

well if i were to guess, you figure its an 18g turbo in a 4 cylinder, with most likely normal injectors, i would say he was running 14-18 psi.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:47 AM   #4
Civickid0to60

i mean i flip my boost up to 19psi when i race, so its hard to tell.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:42 PM   #5
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Nice kill.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote