.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2002, 05:59 PM   #1
pReLuDe-gUrL

1/4 mile times...

ok, so i discovered the wonderful world of drag racing this past weekend! I met up with some guys from the prelude forum and we challenged eachother at California Raceway in Southern Cali! It was nothing less than a BLAST! There were only 4 gurls racing that day.. and i think i did my part to shut the boys up! Needless to say, i got the respect i wanted. hehe I was just wondering if any of you gurls race.. and if so, whats your fastest 1/4 mile time? Im looking into crower cams and AEM gears... push me into the low 14's...

this is a clip of my friend and i racing (im in the closest lane).. it was our slowest times for the day.. oh wellz... be patient, it takes a minute to load...

http://138.23.57.115/gettingspanked.AVI

Quote from the guy i raced:
"So we finally grid and the race was on. My adrenaline was pumping, my eyes focused on the track ahead, ready to lay a pummeling on Prelude-gurl!! I look over and see Erin, her eyes focused on the track, ready to hand me my ass on a silver platter. The lights draw, and the race is on. I finally got a good launch and I'm ahead of her!! BOOYAAH!! I was in the lead and life was good. About 1/3 way down the track, I'm about 3/4 car length in front of her, when to my horror, she starts to pull on me. As my eyes bug out, she catches up and starts pulling away. I look over and see the biggest sh!t-eatting grin I've ever seen!! As she pulls away, all I see are her taillights and hear laughing all the way to the finish line. We get our timeslips and I got a 15.9 (my best of the day), she a 15.5 (one of her slower runs of the day)...ok I don't want to talk about this anymore " YAY--score one for the gurls!
Old 01-29-2002, 08:06 PM   #2
juvenile

Hey biker, when you get your insurance back, I'd like to go for a race.

1993 Chrysler Concorde 8.7(0-60) 16.2(1/4 mile)

It would be fun just to see...
Old 02-17-2002, 03:45 PM   #3
Incubus

Hey there prelude-gurl, I wouldn't go for the AEM cam gears. AEM isn't too well known for much other than their Cold Air Intake.
I used to work at a place called Stillen, which is a pretty big car place, and I always had people calling in with problems with the AEM cam gears. They cause timing problems because they slip.

I'd recommend Skunk2 or RC sport. Whatever you choose, make sure it's got 5 bolts for adjustment, not 3 (like AEM).

Well, I saw you racing yesterday at Fontana, and you did pretty good! Yesterday was my first day racing at a drag strip. I AM ADDICTED!!!! I was just happy that I beat a modified Mustang, even with a late start off the line.

I have a friend who has a Prelude, and he was talking about JUN Cams being really good.
Old 02-17-2002, 09:22 PM   #4
pReLuDe-gUrL

iNcUbUs~
hey.. its eric right? I remember seeing you there too! I actually have some pics of all the tegs when they came and parked near me.. ill have to send those over to you! So what did you run? I coudnt seem to break 15.20... *grr*.. Jun cams eh? Aight.. i hear those are great too.. ill have to check them out some more! Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-17-2002, 10:58 PM   #5
toykilla

Havent actually raced mine at the track but I have some notable wins against some cars that run high 12's, low 13's. S4, WRX (new one), SS Camaro (new one.) and a GS-T that claimed he ran 12.8 1/4. I beat him by 2 cars though. Maybe he ran 12.8 on slicks. who knows.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:53 AM   #6
KLN

sup incubus & prelude-gurl...

i was at the tracks with ya'll too...if you don't remember i had the green 4-door integra...and i was wearin' the white beanie...well my best time of the day was 16.1, i guess i'm happy with that since it was my first time draggin', but hopefully next time i can get into the high 15's...well i'll see you guys/gals around, i might be gon' back to the tracks in march so i'll let you guys know to see if you want to come back and challenge me!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 10:41 AM   #7
pReLuDe-gUrL

oh yeah, hey, WW RS kit... Lemme know next time you go...we never got to race! *wink* oh and great time for stock!! ANd you were afraid you were gonna get 17!!!! lol
Old 02-18-2002, 01:56 PM   #8
KLN

Quote:
Originally posted by pReLuDe-gUrL
oh and great time for stock!!

thanx....now i feel bad because my car isn't stock...so i guess my car is just slow!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 02:24 PM   #9
pReLuDe-gUrL

oh sorry, thought i heard you say yer car was stock... i was thinking "holy crap that boy can drive" haha.. im sure your still a great driver..what you got done to it? Its an LS right?
Old 02-18-2002, 08:36 PM   #10
Incubus

KLN, I had an awesome time at the track last Saturday. I am now totally and completely addicted. I'm down to go down to the tracks anytime you are, just drop me a line via email or AIM or whatever and I'll get back to you.
I know I could have run better times, especially that last run when I didn't go but most everyone else did. KLN, give your car a break! You were running on full tank of gas and it's a 4 door!
You weren't far behind me and those 2 other guys.
Hey, I was running low tank, with Octane booster. I'm pretty sure I can drop my times a little lower, maybe into the 15.8's but it's the OBD-II that's killing me. I was talking to my friend who wants to throw a GSR head in my car with an OBD-I ECU.....then my car will scream.
I don't know what my car would do stock, but there's always room to improve.
Maybe we can all get something going at Fontana or Pomona again soon. I had a lot of fun!
Prelude-gurl, whenever you got those pics ready, just let me know, I'd love to see 'em! I don't know if I mentioned earlier, but I got much footage on Saturday, with all the Tegs racing, and even 1 or 2 of your races.......so hopefully I'm gonna digitize them soon and I can send it to you if you want, KLN also.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:03 PM   #11
pReLuDe-gUrL

heck yeah! you got some stuff of my races? yesss i wanna see them!!! Ill scan those teggy pics tonight
Old 02-19-2002, 01:10 PM   #12
Incubus

That sounds good to me! I'm always down to see Teg pics, even if my ride isn't in them! We got some good pics also of all our rides from the Team-Integra people who went, those pics should be up relatively soon on Team-Integra.net
I need to either buy a video digitizing system or attempt to use my laptop as one, as it's got some kind of firewire connection. I'll let you know, but I can always just record the footage onto a VHS cassette also, which is what i was also planning to do.
So, if you want a VHS, just let me know (KLN too)
I think my friend got only one of your runs on tape because he knows I like Preludes, but he got a lot of other entertaining stuff as well.
I'll let you all know how the digitizing stuff goes.
Old 03-04-2002, 08:50 AM   #13
girlzgotcarz

my dx can run 10's in my dreams but in reality probably 18's !! he needs work I think that we are omly runnin on 3 cylindaz now.....
Old 03-06-2002, 02:41 PM   #14
dukmahsik

uhh

cams and cam gears wont allow a 15.5sec lude to hit low 14s
Old 03-06-2002, 05:05 PM   #15
pReLuDe-gUrL

well, perhaps not, but i dont run 15.5.... i run 14.9 at the moment. PLus, im being realistic, i know its not gonna shave off a whole second! But it would be nice if it would
Old 03-06-2002, 05:58 PM   #16
dukmahsik

uhhh

*i always start with "uhhh"

how did u get 14.9s... list mods TIA
Old 03-06-2002, 07:16 PM   #17
pReLuDe-gUrL

how did i get 14.9? damn... either im a wonderful driver or you can click on my sig below But i like to think its a bit of both
Old 03-07-2002, 11:55 AM   #18
dukmahsik

uhhh

wow im glad ur not a ricer.

the only reason why I was asking is my friend has a lude with about same setup mods as you do cept the pulleys... i was wondering how fast he could be... TIA
Old 03-07-2002, 05:36 PM   #19
pReLuDe-gUrL

he would probably run 15.1-15.4 with about same set up as me minus the pully kit
Old 03-08-2002, 02:09 PM   #20
Incubus

wow....a pulley kit makes that much difference? I was thinking about getting a crank pulley as those seem to work pretty well.....does anyone know the types of hp gains on a Teg with the crank pulley?
Old 03-08-2002, 03:56 PM   #21
pReLuDe-gUrL

incubus! hi hi how are you?? i dunno really how much power im getting out of those pullys.. i know its not too much, but id guess a .05-.10 second gain... i was running 15.1 before them. Anyways, as i have stressed before... *ahemm*.. its driver skill wanna play?
Old 03-08-2002, 06:26 PM   #22
Incubus

I definitely think I can drop into the mid 15's with what I have now, I just gotta work on my launching! I'm kinda conservative with my launches, as I don't want to break anything!
Anyway, I was reading about a Focus getting a crank pulley installed and it gave the car like 8 hp! I was kinda shocked, but all cars are different.
As for right now, I'm workin' on getting a turbo so I can have some real power!

Once again, I tip my hat to your driving skill! If I were behind the wheel of your car, I'd probably be running 16's!! ha ha