::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2003, 12:57 AM   #1
Slody 4 Futbol

What kind of neons do YOU have?

my g/f bought me 2 8-inch red neons for my integra because I was looking for something 2 brighten up my interior... cuz face it... stock integras aren't much for the lighting inside... so i bought some indiglo gauges... and they are really bright... and the blue shade matches the buttons on my mp3 player... and the red buttons on it match the led's on my shift knob... and so i hooked up the red neons and mounted them under the dash... and when it got dark last nite i turned them on... and... well... they aren't as bright as i thought... i figured hey it may be some no-name brand neon but i figured they'd be just as bright... guess i was wrong... they barely light up the floorboards... i was just wondering what kind of neons do you all have in your cars? and how much would some GOOD BRIGHT neons cost? i just want something 2 mount under the dash where the carpet ends up top... and that will light up the floors pretty good... then i'll move these neons i hvae under the seats for a lil glow there... thanks!
Old 06-14-2003, 04:28 AM   #2
Grip72

i just bought some cheap ($25 each) 15" pulse neons from Canadian tire and they do the job...
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 11:47 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i have no neons, and i can't really help you. i used a varad led in my dome light and the interior lights so nice giving it more like a black light effect with a UFO glow :o

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:32 PM   #4
Slody 4 Futbol

does anyone know what the number is for the lights that go in the dome light and overhead lights in an integra? i was at circuit city the other day and they had a LOT of lights.. but i didn't know what size 2 get
Old 06-15-2003, 08:08 PM   #5
jonhenry15

I have street glow neons under my dash and under my seats. They are bright as hell...just make sure when you mount them you can't see the bulbs, that doesn't look good and use a relay.
BTW, they are bright enough that if you turn them on in daylight you can still kinda see it.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:45 AM   #6
sohc_vtec 2NR

does strobe light count? cuz i got 'em for free! other than that...that's all the blingin' my car will get..
Old 06-16-2003, 01:38 AM   #7
Grip72

what does a relay do? I got mine hooked up to a switch in my console.
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 02:28 PM   #8
Mischief(LTS)

showin em off :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg interiornight3(small).jpg (52.8 KB, 22 views)