::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2004, 04:23 PM   #1
Gyro

97 Accord LX question

Ok, here's the deal: I just inherited my mom's 97 Accord LX 5-speed. I was wondering how many horses she's putting out (everythings stock at the moment). Also, I want to get the most HP for the buck, seeing how I still gotta pay insurance, etc. The only mod's I have now are Altezzas (my neighbor broke one and covered the replacements) and dual exhaust. For the outside, I want to get some red badges, a type-r grill, and some xenonon bulbs. Interior I want to get a new knob (torn between a Skunk2 and a Spoon) I saw Type-R boots (black w/ red stitch) but those are just for civics. Do they make them for Accords? Also, can you recommend a good short shifter?
For performance, I want an HKS muffler, maybe a Random catco, and AEM CAI? How much power would i gain? Also, i'm a non-V-tec, 4 cyl.
I don't want to make my car all gaudy and shit...just a little Type-R styling and some fun stuff under the hood.
One more thing...what can i do to increase acceleration? Sorry for all the questions- I'm a tuning virgin :/
Old 07-15-2004, 08:00 PM   #2
Gyro

Anyone? bump.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:55 AM   #3
Duckydos

Quote:
Performance
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 9.4 sec.
Road Holding Index: .75 g
Base Number of Cylinders: 4
Base Engine Size: 2.2 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4
Horsepower: 130 hp
Max Horsepower: 5300 rpm
Torque: 139 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4200 rpm
Drive Type: FWD
Turning Circle: 36.1 ft

I say if you are sticking with mild looks an performance, go with the usual I/H/E and you should be in the mid 16's. Nothing face but better than some cars. As for the shift boot stitching, no clue but sounds nice.

Post up pictures when you get a chance.

-Ducky
Old 07-16-2004, 04:25 AM   #4
CD5Passion

they do make the type r styled boots but your best chance of em is at ebay.com.
i believe that you're year accord is putting out 130hp and 139lbs of torque.
if you take a look at my car I've done a bit of what you are speaking of, as far as the "Type R" feel, just for ideas. if you want to get better bulbs, i know i say it alot on here, but go to ebay and search for MTEC bulbs, they are the best you can get out there, trust me i think I have a pic up on my cardomain.com with the bulbs in. I recently purchased a B&M shortshift adapter and I'm very pleased with it, but I've seen the Forbidden(?) short shifter on ebay i think that actually comes with the entire shift lever. Im thinking about looking at one of these in the near future.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:30 PM   #5
vtracer20

ur right about the 4bidden shortshifter...i've heard many good things about it and it's actually a new shifter not a adapter
Old 07-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #6
Gyro

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
they do make the type r styled boots but your best chance of em is at ebay.com.
i believe that you're year accord is putting out 130hp and 139lbs of torque.
if you take a look at my car I've done a bit of what you are speaking of, as far as the "Type R" feel, just for ideas. if you want to get better bulbs, i know i say it alot on here, but go to ebay and search for MTEC bulbs, they are the best you can get out there, trust me i think I have a pic up on my cardomain.com with the bulbs in. I recently purchased a B&M shortshift adapter and I'm very pleased with it, but I've seen the Forbidden(?) short shifter on ebay i think that actually comes with the entire shift lever. Im thinking about looking at one of these in the near future.

On ebay, I can only find Civic/Integra boots...but sometimes it'll say Accord, but I have to use my factory bracket? Also, how do I get my shift knob off? Does it just unscrew? B/c it feels like there's a square plastic piece holding down under the boot... What's the difference btwn an adapter and the whole lever? Do i need both, or what? Oh and I'll look at your car pix, too...to get inspiration...
Old 07-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #7
Gyro

I would love a TypeR front lip....but the Buffaqlo winters would take it when the snow comes :/ Where'd you get the JDM headlights? those are sexy...Do you have a type-R grill? It doesnt look stock, but its not listed.