::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2005, 05:08 PM   #241
thermal
Banning Machine

he really does look out of place even in person. He is an elementary teacher and pretty old.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:45 PM   #242
thermal
Banning Machine

ok.

I raised the front suspension about an inch just to get used to this ride again. I was also able to figure out the problem with my brakes.... it was a stupid mistake.......

I also mounted the Sparco seat, which by the way kicked my ass. Never buy the rails from Weapon-R. I didnt know that it was from them, otherwise I would've bought a different brand. I could've fabricated that shit myself for less than I paid for and come up with a better product. I was so disappointed.

I welded the last piece of pipe for my 3 inch exhaust. All I did was eliminate the cat with a 3 inch flex pipe mated with a 3 inch Thermal (of course) cat-back. The car sounds mean but kind of loud. I guess I'm just not used to loud cars anymore.

I gotta get this car tuned on the Dyno very very soon.

So I took the Teg for a ride last night. Just 2 laps around the block. I slowly gave it gas on second gear. This SC61 is just different from any other turbo set-up I've ever driven..... it scared the fuk out of me. I didnt expect it to hit hard. I hit "boost cut" so quick that I couldnt react fast enough to let off the throttle and look at the boost gauge. I'm gonna try again during the day where I can actually see the road......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 10-21-2005, 04:12 PM   #243
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

I want to know how you screwed up your brakes and sent me into a wondering state of "what the hell else could be wrong??"
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #244
thermal
Banning Machine

.... I felt so dumb bro. SOrry to get you to thinking... he he he.... I really fuk up small shit like this. I bled the brakes wrong. I started from the closest caliper to the farthest. I also bled it like the way I bled off my clutch.... pump until it gets hard then open the bleed port.

So I got a little smart. First I rigged a hose from the bleed port to a can full of DOT-5. I ensured that the hose is submerged in the fluid. Then I cracked open the bleed port. I slowly pumped the pedal about 5-8 times. Then I retightenend the bleed port, checked the reservoir, and add fluid as necessary. I did this to all corners and I immediately noticed the difference after the second caliper..... lol

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum

Last edited by thermal : 10-21-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:33 PM   #245
IALuder

nice choice of rims on the teg. i see the civic got the slips.

like i mentioned, when i get to my turbo part of the hybrid. im driving my car out to you.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:04 PM   #246
thermal
Banning Machine

Thanks... I'll see you then

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 10-21-2005, 09:43 PM   #247
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

wow the car looks fucking beautiful.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:54 PM   #248
slowEJ6

indeed.....color looks awesome
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #249
thermal
Banning Machine

Fuk it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm picking up an AEM EMS 2morrow. My buddy D-tuned found a great deal. It sux cuz I just paid $280 for an MSD digital 6+. Good thing I still have my AEM C2Di. I just DL'd the tuning program to my laptop. If everything goes smooth, I should be driving around on a street tuned EMS Teg 2morrow.

Selling my Hondata S200b stuff/OBD2a to OBD1 conversion harness/P28 ECU socketed and MSD digital 6+...............

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum

Last edited by thermal : 11-03-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #250
Mischief

Quote:
Originally posted by thermal

Selling my Hondata S200b stuff/OBD2a to OBD1 conversion harness/P28 ECU socketed and MSD digital 6+...............
tree fitty

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:48 AM   #251
thermal
Banning Machine

no can do bro. I have an offer for $500 local

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #252
Mischief

i meant like $3.50.. c'mon like you can deny that kind of offer anyway it was a south park thing

Old 11-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #253
thermal
Banning Machine

lol

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #254
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief
tree fitty

damnit woman dont give him no tree fitty he wont go away.
i gave him a dolla
you gave him a dolla?

...whats tree fitty

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #255
Mischief

[The living room. The boys reach the sofa and hop up to sit on it. Chef's parents sit across from them on the love seat. An uneasy silence follows]

Chef's dad: Well, aren't you crackers just cute as the dickens?

Stan: You're Chef's parents?

Chef's mom: Yes, all his life.

Kyle: We have to talk to him!

Chef's dad: Well, he should be out now directly.

Chef's mom: Oh, he's so excited about the wedding now.

Chef's dad: Say, would you crackers like to hear about the time we saw
the Loch Ness monster?

Stan: No, that's okay.

Chef's dad: Ooh, it must've been about seven, eight years ago. Me and the little lady was out on this boat, you see, all alone at night, when all of a sudden this huge creature, this giant crustacean from the paleolithic era, comes out of the water.

Chef's mom: We was so scared, Lord have mercy, I jumped up in the boat and I said "Thomas, what on earth is that creature?!"

Thomas: It stood above us looking down with these big red eyes,-

Chef's mom: Oh, it was so scary!

Thomas: -and I yelled. I said, "What do you want from us, monster?!" And the monster bent down and said, "…Uh I need about tree-fitty." [a long silence follows]

Kyle: What's tree-fitty?

Thomas: Three dollars and fifty cents.

Chef's mom: Tree-fitty.

Stan: He wanted money?

Thomas: That's right. I said "I ain't giving you no tree-fitty you goddamn Loch Ness monster! Get your own goddamn money!"

Chef's mom: I gave him a dollar.

Thomas: She gave him a dollar.

Chef's mom: I thought he'd go away if I gave him a dollar.

Thomas: Well of course he's not gonna go away, Nellie! You gave him a dollar, he's gonna assume you got more!

[Chef's house. Thomas is still telling the story…]

Thomas: And that was the third time we saw the Loch Ness monster. Then one time, I believe it was July-

Nellie: August.

Thomas: -August. There's a knock on the door. I open it, and there's this cute little girl scout-

Nellie: And she was so adorable, with the little pig tails and all.

Thomas: -And she says to me, "How would you like to buy some cookies?" And I said "Well, what kind do you have?" She had thin mints, graham crunchy things-

Nellie: Raisin oatmeal.

Thomas: -Raisin oatmeal, and I said "We'll take a graham crunch. How much will that be?" And she looks at me and she says, "…Uh I need about tree-fitty."

Nellie: …Tree-fitty.

Thomas: Well, it was about that time that I notice that girl scout was about eight stories tall and was a crustacean from the protozoic era.

Nellie: The Loch Ness monster.

Thomas: I said, "Dammit monster! Get off my lawn! I ain't giving you no tree-fitty!" It said, "how about just two-fitty?" I said, "Oh, now it's only two-fitty!! What?! Is there a sale on Loch Ness munchies or something?!"
Nellie: Lord, he was angry.

Thomas: Damn right, I was angry!

Nellie: Not you, the monster. He was about to kick your ass.

Thomas: Aah, shut your mouth, woman!

Stan: Uh, could you just tell Chef we were here?

Thomas: Sure. That crazy old monster [Stan, Kyle, and Kenny walk out] Now, then the fourth time I saw the…

[King Jimmy's Buffet. A banner spans the front of the restaurant, saying, "Clsoed for Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Party." Chef, his family, Veronica, and other guests are present. Soft jazz plays in the background.]

Thomas: Could I have your attention please? [the guests quiet down and the music stops] Tomorrow, my son is gonna get married to a beautiful lady. [sniffles] I'm very happy for them both. [sobs] Ooh there I go! I told myself I wasn't gonna cry, now.

Chef: It's okay, pop.

Nellie: Thomas, you're gonna get me going now. [sobs]

Thomas: Oh, I remember when Chef was just a three-year-old little man. He came running up to me with a big smile and his little chef's hat on, and he said, "Poppa, poppa!" I said "What do you need, Chef, my boy?", and he said, "…I need about tree-fitty."

Nellie: …Tree-fitty.

Thomas: Well, it was about that time I got suspicious. I said, "Chef, why do you need tree-fitty?" He said, "My imaginary friend Goo-Goo the dinosaur wants it." I went to my son's room, and sure enough, there was the Loch Ness monster!

Nellie: Oh, it was scary!

Thomas: I said, "Dammit monster! You stop bugging my children now! We work for our money in this house and we don't give money away!"
[King Jimmy's Buffet.]

Thomas: So I chased the monster down the street, you see…

[First Church of South Park. A banner above the lower cross reads "Congratulations Chef and Veronica." People are streaming in for the wedding]

Kyle: Ah man! I can't keep my eyes open. [Cartman is nodding off, too]
Stan: We can't fall asleep. We gotta nail that song. [turns to Cartman] You got the tape recorder, Cartman? Cartman?? [taps him]

Kyle: He's asleep. Wake up fatass!

Cartman: [rattled] What what what?

Stan: God-damnit! You can't fall asleep.

Cartman: I wasn't sleeping, I was just thinking really hard!

Thomas: [telling his tale to Randy and Sharon] …And then these aliens had me up on their ship, right? They was probing me and all that.

Nellie: We had taco salad that night.

Thomas: Don't matter what we had for dinner woman! Now this alien had a big head and big black eyes, and it was all bent over me. I said, "What do you want from me, alien?!" and do you know what he said?

Nellie: Tree-fitty.

Thomas: Uh. Let me tell the damn story now! He said, "tree-fitty." And so I realized I that it wasn't no alien, it was that God-damned Loch Ness monster again, trying to trick me into giving him tree-fitty by dressing up like an alien. Don't that just beat all?!

Nellie: I had just given him tree-fitty the week before.

Thomas: What?! You gave that monster another damn tree-fitty?!

Nellie: [somewhat defensive] He tricked me.

Thomas: Well no wonder the damn monster keeps coming back to our house! You keep giving it tree-fitty!

[Inside, Stan and Kyle try to get Cartman's attention again]

Stan: Come on Cartman!

Cartman: [pressing every button on the tape player] I can't see anything!

Kenny: [tries to help] (Wait…) [the succubus lands on Kenny, breaking the pew in half. Kenny is dead under her feet]

Stan: Oh my God! She killed Kenny!

Kyle: You bastard!

Nellie: [with a stick, runs at the succubus] You damn monster! Get away from my baby!

Thomas: [reaching into his pocket] Hold on, now, I'll see if I have tree-fitty!

[The optometrist's office. Cartman walks in with a large ice box. His bandages are off. Now we know why he wasn't at school with Stan and Kyle.]

Dr. Lott: Oh, hello, piggy. How are your eyes doing?

Cartman: After today they're gonna be fine, and I'll never have to see you ever again!

Dr. Lott: I don't think that's possible, piggy, not with your eyes.

Cartman: No, not with my eyes. With these! [takes Kenny's frozen head out of the box to show the eyes] Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Dr. Lott: Was he an organ donor?

Cartman: Eh-sure.

Dr. Lott: All right, then let's get to work. [Cartman gets in the chair, and the optometrsit pulls out Kenny's left eye] Say, you don't have three dollars and fifty cents on you, do you?

Old 11-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #256
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

South Park...sweeeeet....

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 01:28 AM   #257
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

bah i was close for pulling it out of my head....

Old 11-05-2005, 06:57 AM   #258
thermal
Banning Machine

UPDATE:

Installed the AEM EMS last night. My buddy D-tuned programmed the initial break-in map. It made so much of a difference, it's awesome!

I was spooling the shit out of that SC61. We were only boosting 6 psi on a conservative tune and timing. The idle still needs some work.

To initially get a base tune, we had to get on second gear and go WOT all the way to redline which we set at 9000 RPM. I sat on the driver seat as D dials the numbers and log the data. Each time we go, I would let off at 5500 RPM cuz it would scare the fuk out of me. I had to let off about 3 times. The 4th time, I just held on to dear life and drove it pass 9000. We went back to my garage and saved the data. I was shaking for half an hour.......

It feels good that my Teg is starting to get to my goal. A few more street tune and we're off to the DYNO.....

......stand by...........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-05-2005, 09:47 AM   #259
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
UPDATE:

I would let off at 5500 RPM cuz it would scare the fuk out of me. I was shaking for half an hour.......

i want that
Old 11-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #260
thermal
Banning Machine

it was amazing man! I cant wait to drive my teg again. I'm at work right now and off tomorrow...........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-05-2005, 10:48 AM   #261
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

fap fap fap

Old 11-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #262
AzCivic

ahahah, must be making some nice power, wish I had a car that was fast enough to scare me.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:48 AM   #263
Mischief

Old 11-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #264
thermal
Banning Machine

UPDATE:

Shit happens..... This project is really testing my patience.... but I will win!

So I got the car running but it was smoking really bad. I waited a few days thinking that it maybe just residual shit is the system. However, the smoke wouldnt go away and it gets thicker by the day.

Myself and a few other friends concluded that I was burning coolant. I was somewhat convinced but I had to do something about it. So I pulled the head off and replaced a head gasket that didnt even have 100 miles.

I put the head back on and torqued it down properly. As I was installing the rest of the components, I noticed that there was a puddle of oil inside my SC61 turbine housing. No oil in the compressor housing. The charge pipe is dry all the way. The head exhaust ports are dry as well.

This was the cause:
When I initially installed the turbo. I had the move the compressor housing around to get the discharge side to match with my charged piping. As I was securing the back bolts of the compressor housing, the housing did not sit fully flush therefore the compressor blades started rubbing against the housing. As it rubbed against the housing, it misaligned the turbo shaft causing the turbine seal to fail. I reposition the housing the retorques the back bolts. It doesnt smoke or leak as bad as it used to anymore but I cant tune until I fix this issue.

It was my fuk up. The rebuild is $400 and will cost me another $300 to upgrade to a large housing and bigger blades. So screw it! I'm getting another turbo. I'm undecided to either get an SC63, GT35R, or fully custom T3T66. The price range is about the same except the GT35R will cost a little more.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-13-2005, 10:12 AM   #265
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

that sucks balls.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:09 AM   #266
Sivik

GT35R

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:24 PM   #267
JDMFantasy2k

arnel just rebuild it yourself, it's wicked easy especially if you yank heads in your spare time. I replaced the turbine shaft piston ring on mine and it was cake.

Hell if you want, i'll do it for you. I'm assuming you only need a new piston ring or is it really fucked up?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #268
sicones

man I wish I can yank heads in my spare time, and have the car run afterwards, your fuckin good...
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:59 PM   #269
thermal
Banning Machine

Sic, taking off the head is elementary stuff was you do it once. On my D-series, I had swapped 3 heads off and installed them the same day on a 6 hrs time span.....

Quote:
arnel just rebuild it yourself, it's wicked easy especially if you yank heads in your spare time. I replaced the turbine shaft piston ring on mine and it was cake.

Hell if you want, i'll do it for you. I'm assuming you only need a new piston ring or is it really fucked up?
Theres is more to it than that. the inside wall of the compressor housing is scarred and needs to be remachined. Otherwise, I would've been all over it bro....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-17-2005, 06:30 PM   #270
Mr. Haan
1st Gear

I'd go with the gt35r..ball bearing is D shiznit..I'm saving up now to buy one for my next buildup..
Old 11-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #271
thermal
Banning Machine

Looking for one now..........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-21-2005, 07:12 AM   #272
thermal
Banning Machine

Damn, I just spent another $1400 for some stuff... this is really getting serious. I was very hesitant to let that much money go. Oh well, I hope to sleep it off in a few dayz....

I just bought a true Garrett GT35R .82 a/r S-cover (700+ hp capable). I will also be installing a new DP set-up. I'm staying 3 inch but V-band this time. I wont be starting these install until I get back in February.

Happy boosting............

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum

Last edited by thermal : 12-21-2005 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:06 AM   #273
sicones

damn nice, that v band is like the DP is clamped on or something right, and not welded to the flange?????????
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:13 AM   #274
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by sicones
damn nice, that v band is like the DP is clamped on or something right, and not welded to the flange?????????

yep:
http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=FLS

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=FLS

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 12-22-2005, 01:31 PM   #275
BlackEJ

Quote:
Damn, I just spent another $1400 for some stuff... this is really getting serious. I was very hesitant to let that much money go. Oh well, I hope to sleep it off in a few dayz....

I just bought a true Garrett GT35R .82 a/r S-cover (700+ hp capable). I will also be installing a new DP set-up. I'm staying 3 inch but V-band this time. I wont be starting these install until I get back in February.

Happy boosting............

Hot damn bro, That shiet is nice. Fock dood $1400 i almost my whole base pay!!!!!
You can do big things like that when you do khakis hahahahaha

Joo will bow down to Teh mastah
BlackEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:25 AM   #276
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackEJ
Hot damn bro, That shiet is nice. Fock dood $1400 i almost my whole base pay!!!!!
You can do big things like that when you do khakis hahahahaha

Ha ha ha... shiet... that is my net paycheck focker!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 01-10-2006, 07:50 AM   #278
thermal
Banning Machine

Fuk! I cant wait to get home!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 01-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #279
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Fricken awesome man
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #280
thermal
Banning Machine

I'm home now. The fabrication starts tomorrow! This Garrett GT35R is bigger in person! lol

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum