::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2002, 02:16 AM   #1
accordboy00

Help! 6gens w/ Clear headlights...

I'm gonna get my lights cleared out this Friday from my local auto shop. They are going to do it for a reasonable price and I trust them better than myself. Anyways, what are your bulb setups now that you have clear headlights. What looks good? Here are some ideas:
1. Stock look: headlights w/ amber indicators and parking lights.
2. Headlight w/ ultrawhite indicator and stock parking light bulb.
Colored bulbs are pretty much out of the question because they are even bigger signals to the po-pos than clear headlights. What do you guys have...pics would be great.

BTW: I have PIAA superwhite headlights and OEM foglights. The colors don't match currently, but I like the way it looks.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:17 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

just try to keep it the same color in the front. you do not want your car to look like a parrot

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 08:56 PM   #3
SilverCoupe2K1

I cleared my headlights a couple of months back. I have PIAA...hyperwhites or megawhites...I forget which. Basically, the bulbs look blue, but shine bright white; for both the headlights and turn signals. I like it.

I would suggest getting clear bulbs if you don't want to get colored ones. I didn't think the orange bulbs looked too great when everything was cleared...but it probably comes down to personal opinion.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:13 PM   #4
spoogenet

Doe the bulbs perform as well as, worse than, or better than OEM? I mean aside from looks, I'm talking beam pattern and reflected light.....

Are there any clear bulbs that flash orange? I'm sure someone has made LEDs that fit the spec, but then I hear LED bulbs are a pain with the bulb sensors in the car due to resistance differences.

b
Old 08-31-2002, 03:07 AM   #5
accordboy00

Today I bought some bulbs from custom images (rice heaven). They are "Hybrid" brand. I have them for my rear indicators and they look tight. However, in the front they look horrible. I don't know if the wattages were different or what. They were barely noticable when on and too blue when indicating. I also bought the same brand for the parking lights. They didn't match at all. So I put in the amber blinkers back in and removed the parking lights all together.
I'm basically looking for indicators and parking lights that match as closely as possible to my PIAA super whites. Anybody know of some good brands. If not, then I'll keep the good ole ambers and maintain the stock look.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:00 PM   #6
SilverCoupe2K1

Like I said...I have PIAA's...they look blue but shine hyper white...maybe you could give those a try.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:38 AM   #7
accordboy00

SilverCoupe, how does the bulb setup look at night while not indicating? Can you post a pic of your lights at night.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:56 PM   #8
SilverCoupe2K1

AccordBoy: I don't have any pics, but I'll take some. It'll take a few days though, since I don't have a digital camera.
Old 09-07-2002, 03:44 PM   #9
accordboy00

Sweet, thanks. I spoke to somebody who has an awesome bulb setup in his 6gen. He has 9006 hiper industries headlights w/ 35w hiper industries blinkers on a 35w high watt relay. I don't really know about that brand of bulb, or how the whole realy thing works. Anybody else know?