::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2002, 06:40 AM   #1
Azkikr111

pictures of your dynamat installations

pretty self explanitory...does anyone have or can easily get detailed pictures of their dynamat installations so my friends and i know pretty much what we're looking at?

thanks again guys
Old 03-08-2002, 11:13 AM   #2
BrandonClaps

it's not difficuilt at all, you'll need a heat gun to get it really flimsy and a smaller roller witch they usually come with. You just put it on the panels you want to on the metal. Like the trunk, doors, cieling, floor. There are different types of dynamat for different places. If you want a cheaper alternative get "brown bread" it's like the same thing but much cheaper. Also make sure u got some good gloves cause u really have to heat these bitches up.
Old 03-08-2002, 01:30 PM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
it's not difficuilt at all, you'll need a heat gun to get it really flimsy and a smaller roller witch they usually come with. You just put it on the panels you want to on the metal. Like the trunk, doors, cieling, floor. There are different types of dynamat for different places. If you want a cheaper alternative get "brown bread" it's like the same thing but much cheaper. Also make sure u got some good gloves cause u really have to heat these bitches up.

Hey watch your mouth son..

Brandon is right.. Its really easy to install.. On a hot summer day, you dont even need a heat gun.. Just cut it to the shape you want and press it on.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 11:13 PM   #4
Azkikr111

yeah we got it done today, ill take pics of it soon and show yall my 1st and , i think retty nice, installation of dynamat extreme
Old 03-08-2002, 11:42 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Just out of curiosity, how much weight would dynamat add if, say, you did the whole trunk and the two side doors? I know that mass reduces vibration, but I don't really want to add too much weight to my car.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 08:07 AM   #6
BrandonClaps

uf your just doin that it's not gonna add much weight at all, but if you do your whole car
Old 03-09-2002, 02:10 PM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Its actually quiet heavy..

Friends, lets not forget that to kill the vibrations, we are adding mass aka WEIGHT!

Unless you are a Bumphard fan, its not a good idea to use it, except on the trunk lid..

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Spring, I have to do my whole trunk.. Right now, with my backseat folded down, the sides of my trunk are flexing like crazy (on the outside of my car), and I aint even pushing taking it to the limits of my system...

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 02:42 PM   #8
Azkikr111

i only did the trunk lid...it worked out nice....we only used 2 layer (only NEEDED the trunk lid so we made sure it was covered well)

im not too worried about mass (weight) of my car since i only have a little d16y7...my car isnt goin no where anytime soon :-P...

one layer (unless REALLY bad) should be all you would need...to tell you the truth...its not all that heavy at all...so if you even still have bad vibrations in your trunk, it wouldnt hurt that much at all to put a second layer...but then again...thats only the trunk lid, not the WHOLE trunk...but whatever you do, i think youll be satisfied...i KNOW i am...it killed the vibrations by 10 times what it used to be

(not entirely gone, but MUCH MUCH better than what it was before)

i seriosly suggest you use it if you wanna kill the vibes, but remember, once that crap goes on, it is tar...so it is EXACTLY like trying to peal tar off the back of your car...plan it out first, take your time, and never rush...it took me 6 hours, but then again i had no clue what i was doing...but i still did a damn good job...

l8r