Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2002, 03:51 AM   #1
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Exclamation Del sol w/gsr + drag 3@10psi vs. 5.slow

Well id thought i'd post this considering it was a hell of a battle and actually gave me respect for the underdogs for once....
Ill be honest im cocky when i race, so anyway im chilling at race night at D+D and up rolls this del sol with that oh so familiar BOV sound after some laughing and pointing he comes over and comments on my "SHITS VTECS" sticker on the back of my car saying, "id love to see you shit this" turns out hes the mechanic who just installed it for his friend and is testing it out, WELL OF COURSE IMMA RACE, i mean shit.... ITS A 4 CYLINDER! looked under the hood blah blah blah. Now i only turn 13.7 at the track so i figured i at LEAST had to be on my guard for this one. We go down to the 25 connector light (light thats the entrance to a 4 lane highway) because we all hate that 3rd beep shilznit light turns green and BAM! car bogged until i engaged 1st and nittos did the rest look behind 2 cars is the current stance, hit 2nd even but 2 cars behind, concentrate and hit 3rd, look behind THE ****ING BUMBLEBEE STARTS TO PULL SLIGHTLY!!! HES SCREEEEEEEEEEAMIN, Slam 4th at 6K and del sol muscles the deficit down to 1 car 105 comes around and he shuts down and flags me.... he said he got no traction so being the nice guy that i am i offer a 10mph rolling one.... two.... three i dont bog and repeat the 2 car jump, 2nd chirped and del sol held ground and sure enough 3rd came around and ****ing whining started getting louder... 1 1/2 cars... 1 car.... **** i tached the ***** to 6.5K and powershifted 4th to fend the rabid **** off, kept the motor in the pband and jumped him slightly we shut off at 125 and the same stance.... back at d+d he COULDNT believe i ran 13.7, i said i couldnt believe YOU ****ING PULLED ME.. so in that vein ALTHOUGH i won, i took the "shits vtec" sticker off, oh and because EVERYONE IN A VTEC TRYS TO RUN ME OFF THE ROAD TOO!, found out that setup should net a 12.80 on a cold day so i am somewhat proud.... but just to let you guys know... DRAG RADIALS HELP, and after i raced him a 98 cobra wanted a piece of the action even after i told him NO! YOULL MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF! the kid cant drive and sports 4.10's full exhaust and intake. we roll at the light and i just shake my head as the del sol TAKES HIM OFF THE ****ING LINE! but it should be said that this kid SUCKS ASS racing and makes a fool of himself TO ME, MY FREINDS BONE STOCK COBRA, and many others.... anyway i just thought id let you guys know that i will be on guard next time
this is coming from a proud but NOW WARY crustang owner

TO ALL THE TRUE HONDA ENTHUSIASTS OUT THERE: keep trying and youll get the respect you deserve someday

TO ALL THOSE WHO PUT AN INTAKE FROM AUTOZONE ON THERE CAR AND LIVE THERE LIFE A 18 second 1/4 mile at a time.... visit www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife (JUST WEEDING OUT THE true enthusiasts from the rice)

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 04:07 AM   #2
drdingo21

hehe why double post? see to bad more people can;t be like you and understand it doesn't matter what car it is, it matters if its fast.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 12:27 PM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Nice kill bro.....I like to see a guy that can give credit where credit is due. I have owned 2 mustangs. I'm happy with the honda. But props to you, good job bro

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 12:36 PM   #4
cashizslick

Nice kill, it's nice you give the other guy credit even though he lost--Thats what racing is about.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:01 PM   #5
Kyle
elyK

nice kill!
i plan to buy a del sol in the future(once i get the money) and h22/turboing it
maybe we can get together after i do that

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 01:08 PM   #6
a96710

Sounds like a good race
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 03:29 PM   #7
juvenile

Wow. Dude, really good race!
Here, have a (Even though I don't ), but it's on me
Old 10-27-2002, 05:06 PM   #8
ShEaNy

nice race....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 05:17 PM   #9
ford50forlife
4th Gear

its all about traction and power to weight
but 170hp stock and roughly 300 as is in a lower wieght class isnt ANYTHING with traction and torque, but good enough to scare the hell out of a couple modded muscle cars, and some cobras

Old 10-28-2002, 02:59 PM   #10
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice kill. That del Sol needs some drag radials.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:21 PM   #11
mt.biker

RESPECT
I'm glad to see your not giving us reasons why he started to pull on you. Nicely done!
Old 10-28-2002, 07:38 PM   #12
00 Si

Nice kill. But I'm glad you took off the "Shit's VTEC's" sticker off.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:44 PM   #13
ford50forlife
4th Gear

actually his car DID have traction but with a bout 8000rpms to play with and a turbo the Lag killed him not the traction, EsPECIALLY From the roll. But oh well

Old 10-30-2002, 04:44 AM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Man...a turbo'ed Del Sol...that should be a wicked fast car with the weight advantage and rpm advantage. I never did like those things but that's a sweet kill. Of course, there are very few turbos that'll make good up to 8,000rpm. But hey...we can all dream, huh? Wait till that guy tunes the car....he'll make you buy him lunch. But keep workin for that turbo Ford...it's easier than you think.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 12:17 AM   #15
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Good race. I have a turbo del sol myself and I have put the hurting on a few stangs. Damn close races, but I haven't lost yet.