::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2003, 12:21 AM   #1
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

just ran teg tonight not so good times wat to do now?

well i ran my car tonight. i hate to say i think it pretty much sucks and all. best run of the night was a 17.004. and everyone has told me something is wrong. that i should be runnin mid 16's or a little lower. all i got is a axel back exhaust, plug and plug wires, cold air intake and short shifter. wat can i do here to really help me out!?
Old 08-20-2003, 01:12 AM   #2
tegfello93

I race 3rd gen tegs alot and I beat them everytime (exept gsr) so 17 secs sound about right cuz my car runs mid 16's. All I have is a homemade intake pipe and an autozone cone filter, the other guys usually have a cat back exhaust and a cold air intake. Hedders help too, alot of people recommend dc hedders.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:49 AM   #3
GirlSolRacer

GSRs run 15.7 stock, so your LS is already slower than that stock. I don't know about 17's though. That does sound a little too slow for your car. How many miles are on it? How's the engine running? Not changing the oil often enough, and not doing regular maintenance can be making your engine 'unhealthy'. You should take care of things like oil change, tranny fluid, fuel filter, check your fuel injectors, water pump, all of your belts, etc. Take care of those things first. Then when you are sure your engine is running good, start with your bolt on's. What kind of exhaust do you have? What kind of cai do you have? Most exhausts and cold air intakes aren't really gonna drop your ET a whole lot. Wires and plugs don't change your time either. It takes more to be fast than people think. But if you are running 17's now, when you drop to 15's, that will be signifigant to your car, but still isn't very fast. A full exhaust will help you out. Header, cat, and muffler. DC sports are most reccomended, but even they only give you about 3-4 hp gain. Powercore gives you the most, about 7-8, but they run around $425 or more. A good muffler can help out more than a cheap one, but they do cost. I have a Tanabe on my del sol, and it's one of the best flowing mufflers you can get, but it did cost about $500, with the piping and installation.
If you want a quick fix, nitrous is best for that. A good setup can drop you almost 2 seconds. And you can get most kits at around $500. I would recommend Nitrous Express if you know what you are doing, or have someone that can install it for you (10 hour install time). If you want to do it yourself, get ZEX. It's easy to install and has the computer that won't let you run too rich or too lean.
If you want to stay naturally aspirated, go with some pulleys, cam gears, better injectors, fuel rail, ets. All these things will make small differences, but together they will help out.
If you really want to go fast, start thinking about engine swap. Or an LS VTEC setup. Those produce good hp and torque. And then spray
Old 08-20-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Well its got 139,000 miles on it. engine runs pretty good i think it just needs the valves timed bad but thas about it. ya i got some tranny fluid on order right now and i was goin to change it before i went up but didnt have time. I have a Ractive Mugen style axel back and i havea Iceman cold air intake. i am lookin for a cat right now wats the best one that u know of? i know i need a full exhaust but there aint many companys who make a mid section for the rest of my exhaust. ya and i do need a header pretty bad. Se my plan was for the winter was do a rebuild and a trubo but i dont know if thats goin to happen
Old 08-21-2003, 09:06 AM   #5
Mirkwo0dForest

take the intake off...
Old 08-21-2003, 09:58 AM   #6
GirlSolRacer

Random Technologies has a pretty good cat. I'll see what kind of prices I can get on a few if you want, to let you know what you're looking at and compare performance to price.

And your timing can screw some things up if it's off. Make sure you set it or let someone set it where it goes as soon as you can. It's not gonna blow your engine (unless you are spraying) but it will affect your performance and gas milage. Even if it's only off a few teeth. Each tooth makes a difference.

I just noticed that you said valves. You should get those adjusted at least every 40,000 miles. It helps. If it hasn't been done recently, you will probably hear them, especially when you pop the hood. Getting them adjusted properly will make your engine run more quiet.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:10 PM   #7
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

why take the intake off?

ya i almost bought one like last month off someone but then found out how much they wanted which was like $250 and i said screw that. well i am lookin into a new full exhaust either a Shunk2 or a Thermal. ya well i dont know of anyone around who could time my car up right.

and yes my vavles are really bad! i mean horrible and i figured thats one problem but whjen i tried to go get them done it was goin to cost like $400 to do that. and i wont ever have thatr kind of cash for a while. but i was doin some talkin last night and i might be into getting a motor swap or maybe even a new car i just got to see wat happens
Old 08-21-2003, 12:18 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

400 for a valve adhustament ? wtf, i can do it for you for $50 if you want me to. also get the thermal exhaust. they don't make that much noise and draw unneeded attention.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:24 PM   #9
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

haha ya that was from the honda shop down here. haha for real. then dangit do it !! cause its horrbile u should hear it! ya and the thermals sound sweet too.. wat is all invovled in doin that adjustment and stuff?
Old 08-21-2003, 12:48 PM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

it's not that hard to do but you need a 10mm wrench, a 19 mm wrench and a feeler gauge. for your mileage i'd reccoment changing or polishing the adjuster screws because they are worn out on one side and they will wear out rather quickly after the adjustament. they should run like $35 from the honda dealership

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:51 PM   #11
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

alright well i have the money in hand if u want to do it. cause it really needs to be done. and i can get a hold of those screws and stuff.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:56 PM   #12
GirlSolRacer

$400!?!? That's crazy! We do it here for like $40-$50 bucks. They are trying to screw you royally. Yeah, Thermal is pretty good too.
What kind of motor swap are you thinking about getting? And do you know anyone who can do that for you? Labor on that can be outrageous. If they charge 400 for a valve adjustment, I can only imagine what a swap will run ya...
Old 08-21-2003, 01:02 PM   #13
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Well the place that charged the 400 job was the honda Dealership here in town. there is a place here that can get swaps and stuff and hes pretty reasonable and has got in a lot of motors for people around here. i want to a B18C5 Type R motor with 190 horse stock.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:34 PM   #14
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

You should be running 16s flat.. So lets say low 16s...

The exhaust piping from the front to the back is stock?? (except for muffler..)

Auto or manual? Dont have time to read thru it all..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 01:42 PM   #15
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

from the cat to the sway bar the exhaust is stock and then its part of the pipe to the muffler. and its stick
Old 08-24-2003, 09:44 PM   #16
pimpinprelude

let tha hondaman do it..
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 01:50 PM   #17
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

well i have decided to go and buy a JDM motor. now i have looked on ebay and found some but there really expensive i was wanting to get either a GSR motor or a C5. i really want the C5. but if i cant find a good price on one of those ill get a gsr is there any sites that anyone knows that can get engines pretty cheap??
C's 94 InTeGrA is offline   Reply With Quote