::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2002, 01:06 AM   #1
Quist

2000 EX Turbo

I just wanted to ask you guys here what you have seen from a D16 turbo'd. Is it going to be worth my HARD earned money to get a turbo on my car?? What kinda power gains am I going to see?? What else is a good idea to get (like internals) and how much more??

Sorry for all the questions-basiclly-----What kinda gains and how much is it going to run me???

Thanks for any info guys!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 01:47 AM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

very worth it. do a search here and you'll find a lot of info.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 07:27 PM   #3
MrCLoWnY

Listen To Thermal. he knows what he's talking about. ALso, He and I both have turbo in our SOHC. And WE KICK ASS. YEAH!
Old 06-17-2002, 02:11 AM   #4
'00EX5-turbo

i also have one in my sohc. with the turbo you can beat a 170hp gsr, i think. because turbo kicks in before vtech plus it has more torque when it's at full boost(i run .5 bar, but i somehow exceeded .73 bar once, hope my engine's still fine). turbo cost less than swap too!
Old 06-17-2002, 12:24 PM   #5
97CivicFerio

I too have a SOHC turbo running 10psi. I school everything from WRX's to F-Bodies and Stangs. It is defiantely worth it to turbo the D16!
Old 06-17-2002, 12:40 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

anyone knows about a nice and cheaper kit (under 2g's)for the" beasty" f22a1 ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 05:18 AM   #7
maumusic

of course you do!!!

Here with my Civic Si, i beated a lot of cars, including worked Mustangs,Imprezas and Supras, so i know my money was a nice investment,dont worry and do it,but i should tell you, if youre going to do it, do it the right way.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:57 AM   #8
JaY D. Em

My friends and i all have f-max kits. 1 96 GSR (me), 1 2000 Prelude, 3 92-95 Civic ex's, 1 2000 Civic EX... All in the 12's all day long. All of us on stock internals (well, we're building one of the civics right now)... We started out only boosting the ex's but after we saw the possiblility of those cars we all got one. F-MAX liked what we did so much they gave my friends shop a non buy in dealership liscense... Not bad eh? I'd say if you wanted to go turbo shoot me an e-mail... I could tell you more about the F-MAX kit and how easily you'll hit 12's on slicks... Well, if you're a good driver!!!