::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2001, 10:29 AM   #1
Boosted3g

30 psi and it still held together

i was cruising to my my friends shop Modified Motorsports and I was just about to turn onto the highway when the thought popped into my head "im tearing the engine out next weekend why dont I see what this ***** wll do". Anyway 2 seconds later i turned the knob on the Profc all the way to max. So imcruising down the entrance ramp in third gear at about 45 mph and I stomp on the gas. The car pulled forward and then it hit boost. The tires were just obliterated all the way through 3rd and barked them giong into forth at 95 mph. Still in it I was screaming up the highway revving a litle over 8K at a little over 130mph when all of a sudden the car starts vibrating and shaking like crazy. So worried as I was (i didnt feel like walking home) I slow down to near speed limi levels and the car was obviously miss firing and sounding like shit. Well I limped the car to the shop on 3 cylinders and started pulling plugs. When I got to #4 and pulled he plug nothing changed. I thought that I toasted the piston. Anyway after my buddys laughed at me all afternoon i got this idea to pull the plugs and check out how bad the piston looked. Turns out that #4 was fine alll that happened is that I totally fried the electrode. There was nothing left of it or half the ground strap. I guess thats what I get for buying those 99 cent Autolite plugs because my fuel enrichment was fine. Oh well live and learn.
Old 11-11-2001, 03:31 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

man thats some crazy shi...

you crazy mofo!! j/k
::
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 05:20 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

*LOL* Damn boosted.... 30 lbs is a lot of boost... I bet it was a hell of a rush though.. Glad to see it was just your crapo plugs..
Old 11-11-2001, 10:31 PM   #4
slowEJ6

damn man, you shoulda boosted that @ a track to get some times.....30psi is nuts.......you must have a hell of a lot into that motor.....
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 10:33 PM   #5
slowEJ6

how much did you get your DRAG Gen 3 kit for? and how do you like it, im planning on gettin one by xmas. did you install it yourself? if so how did that go? sorry bout all the questions, im jw
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 07:30 AM   #6
Boosted3g

I love the DRAG kit and would recommend it before any other kit. Simply put it mkes more power than any other kit on the market. It is not hard to install and does not require a ton of mechanincal apptitude to get it to work. I forget what I paid but the best place to get it would be at Importparts.com from Ben. He will warrantee the kit when nobody else will. Plus he will hook you up with a sweet deal.
Old 11-20-2001, 04:44 AM   #7
MrCLoWnY

DamN, ISnT 30 like 15 + 15? oR 15 X 2?? I guess JG wasnt lying about it when they said it can hold 30 lBS.
Old 11-20-2001, 11:26 AM   #8
Boosted3g

every engine will do something once. Right now the engine is now out ofthe car and in a millon peices. Hell my house looks like Endyn. I have my engine stand set up in my kitchen. Im my pantry i have my cylinder head and all the turbo related stuff. I sure glad i have a girl who understands me.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:30 PM   #9
toykilla

How did you get enough fuel to support 30psi boost?? I dont think 550's could handle quite that much boost...
Old 11-22-2001, 01:55 PM   #10
Boosted3g

550s with 60 psi of fuel pressure will support over 500 horsepower. I can adjust my FC to add a good bit of pulse width when the boost is cranked up.
Old 11-23-2001, 08:03 PM   #11
MrCLoWnY

Hey Boosted. DId that guy send your block?????
Old 11-23-2001, 08:10 PM   #12
Boosted3g

I have not got it yet. I talked to UPS and giving the date from when he sent it they tell me it should be here no later than Tuesday. i am not going to use it anyway because my plans have changed. i am just going to send my block out to Golden Eagle. I have been talking to Vince there and he is probably doing a long rod 84.5mm bore. So basically with the raised deck plate and custonmm rods Ill have a 2.0 liter with a 1.67 r/s ratio. Its a little more than I want to spend but it will be the backbone for a 500 hp ground pounder.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:05 AM   #13
thermal
Banning Machine

boosted.....i want your car!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 01:36 AM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
boosted.....i want your car!

Id just be happy with the motor..
Old 11-25-2001, 05:35 AM   #15
Boosted3g

Just wait until the new motor is done. It will be a 2.0 with a near perfect r/s ratio. I am having a hard time getting a timing belt right now. That seems to be the only thing slowing me down.