.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2002, 09:34 PM   #1
Reddevil

Hi everyone, Question for Gen 5 owners...

I'm new in here, so HI! I have just purchased a 94 Accord EX 2.2 VTEC. It is completely stock for now. I am working on some extra money for 17" Tenzo-R SHU 4's with Kumho 205 40WR17's and lowering springs. I have a problem right now though, my automatic :o tranny is shifting weird (somewhere in 1st-2nd mostly) and I read about adding an additive to the tranny to fix it. My problem is I purchased the car and apparently didnt get a manual with it. I didnt notice until after I bought it, I mean who looks for that! anyway, I cant find a location for putting tranny fluid in it. and so far I found 1 dipstick which I hope is for the tranny, which means I cant find the dipstick to check the oil either. I have to purchase a manual asap for sure, but until then, could anyone explain (or paste pictures showing) where I can find these? Also, can anyone suggest a lowering kit for it. I have the problem of this being a family car, my wife and daughter dont want to ride in a super stiff bucking bronco, but I want it as low as I can. I am leaning towards Eibach pro kit, but it doesnt sound low enough. however the sportline sounds to stiff. Any suggestions for a smooth and low ride? Thanks for the imput, I like this forum alot!

PS despite sounding like a fool, I am very good with mechanical knowledge and I used to wrench on Dirt track race cars for years before this, which is why it really pisses me off that I can't find this crap. thanks for the help!

Scott
Old 03-07-2002, 10:28 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the dipstichk for engine oil should be on the drivers side, by the alternator or power steering pump. as far the tranny goes, the dipstick is on the tranny, underneath some hoses. the oil goes in thru the dipstick hole. i know this sound weird but have a honda dealership change the tranny oil. i know a honda dealer in cleveland that will charge 120 for the oil change but it will clean the tranny really good. what they do is suspend the car and put the car into the first, rev it up to 2500 rpms with nmew oil, then drain the oil and so on for 2nd, D3 and D4. good luck, and glad to have another accord driver on the board.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 12:42 AM   #3
Maxvla

dont buy a honda manual... just get a helms manual.
www.helminc.com

welcome to hondastyle.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:45 AM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS. Glad to have you aboard

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 11:10 AM   #5
Reddevil

thanks..

Thanks guys, but does anyone have recommendations for lowering springs? I need a smooth ride, but I want it LOW. I know I have to sacrifice smooth for low, but I want the best compromise I can get. Has anyone installed Eibach Prokits on the Gen 5? does it only go 1.2 or is it more. It looks like the car could use atleast 2". Also, the diameter of the tires wont change from my stocks to my new 17" with 40's right so whatever clearance I have now will stay the same.?

thanks for the info,

Scott
Old 03-08-2002, 09:39 PM   #6
Maxvla

low and smooth ride don't fit in the same sentence... pick one and like it.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:31 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i don't have prokits but i know a dude with prokits and his ride iss low and smooth. also he has kyb agx'es on his civic

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 02:19 PM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

If you want low, get some sportlines. They will ride fairly nicely. You'll need new struts and probably a camber kit to go along with it. IMO prokits just don't lower enough if you want it low.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote