::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2002, 06:56 PM   #1
Incubus

Chevy Astrovan?!?

So I was heading toward the freeway near my house and I'm sittin at the left turn light waiting to get on the freeway when I hear a loud exhaust rumble up next to me.....I look over and see an Astrovan.....I know people fix those up but I don't know why they would want to........the guy looks at my ride and actually revved on me!!! I was like, "Ok, but I'm gonna smoke you taking those turns getting on the freeway" but I was game so I did it. Light goes green and I take off, took the twisties getting on the freeway and never saw him again.......it's just one of those things that make you go hmmm........

I was also racing some kid's brand new Ford Explorer up a hill once, I guess he wanted to test it out or something, well, I totally pulled ahead going up hill but he decides to keep going after the top of the hill and doesn't realize that there is a HUGE dip at the bottom, so he's smoking his brakes trying to slow down his heavy car and hits that dip, gets about 2 feet of air, comes crashing down through the intersection and hits a curb.....pretty much trashed his entire brand new suspension/wheels/tires......he had to have a tow truck come and tow his lame ass away!!!!
Old 02-26-2002, 07:15 PM   #2
juvenile

Damn. Poor kid with the Explorer! But then agian, you don't get those cars and race em!
Vans....ok you don't buy an 18-20 second car and try to make it go fast, especially when it has aerodynamics of a BRICK!
And I hate people who pull shit like that. Like this kid that goes to my school says "SMOKE HIM, SMOKE HIM" as we're in mt.bikers car
biker's like "He's ****ing turning LEFT dumbass!"
I hate people like that, BAD DRIVERS, BAAAAAAADD drivers!
Old 02-27-2002, 12:09 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

lmao. *getting up from the floor*

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:03 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

LMAO, good stories

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 06:02 PM   #5
Matrix

Funny stories ,Especially the Explorer.

I'll never forget the day I was at a shop and a guy with an AWD Astro pulled up. I heard an unusual (for that vehicle) rumble coming from it. Actually sounded pretty good. A couple of us walked over there, and he popped the hood. We all gasped as we realized: He had an LT1 in there!
Old 02-27-2002, 07:02 PM   #6
juvenile

What's an LT1?
Old 02-27-2002, 07:29 PM   #7
Incubus

Isn't an LT1 the corvette engine?

Lol......ironcally, both those races (astro van and explorer) happened on the same street, right before the freeway on ramp.

I heard of an 11 sec mini van with a turbo charged engine.......talk about a soccer mom sleeper car!!!
Old 02-27-2002, 07:52 PM   #8
Matrix

Yeah, the LT1 model V8's were originally used in the Vettes, then they were used in Camaros and Firebirds from 93-96 or so, until they started with the LS1's.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:27 AM   #9
geeser

Don't forget about the LT1 Impala's. Those things were beasts. We used to have a beater Chevelle wagon with a 502. The rust holes in the door skins gave it that "vented" look. heehee
Old 02-28-2002, 12:41 AM   #10
geeser

Quote:
Originally posted by Incubus
I heard of an 11 sec mini van with a turbo charged engine.......talk about a soccer mom sleeper car!!!
Actually, the Mean Mini as it's called only ran into the 12's before Gus started having problems and put it back to street legal and now it runs 13's...STREET LEGAL!!! He also has an Acclaim that runs 11's. Be careful what you race. http://pages.cthome.net/gus/slug.html
Old 02-28-2002, 12:52 AM   #11
Maxvla

that is sick... slug. runs 12's. im amazed.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:29 PM   #12
Incubus

ROFLMAO!!!!!! Ok, gotta pick myself up now and explain to the peeps in my office why I just fell outta my chair laughing.......my god, those pics of the mean mini staged at the drag strip is straight comedy! Oh man, how would that feel to be lined up with a mini van laughing at him then finding out the jokes on you as you seen the mini van pull ahead!?!

Thanks for that link, I haven't laughed like that in a while!
Old 03-01-2002, 01:00 PM   #13
geeser

Man, you think the pics are funny?! You should see this stuff in person. I have seen both mean mini and slugmobile run from the stands. The one that sticks out in my mind most was when slugmobile made it's first 12 second pass. No one in the stands had ever seen it before because it wasn't from around here. Everyone starts chuckling and saying crap and then ZOOM! He put up like a 12.5 I think and beat a Bullitt Mustang by a HEALTHY margin. It was almost like the reaction when the Neon beat the Viper but even funnier because it was an old Acclaim.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:27 PM   #14
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by geeser
Man, you think the pics are funny?! You should see this stuff in person. I have seen both mean mini and slugmobile run from the stands. The one that sticks out in my mind most was when slugmobile made it's first 12 second pass. No one in the stands had ever seen it before because it wasn't from around here. Everyone starts chuckling and saying crap and then ZOOM! He put up like a 12.5 I think and beat a Bullitt Mustang by a HEALTHY margin. It was almost like the reaction when the Neon beat the Viper but even funnier because it was an old Acclaim.

I'm not revving on vans now!!! I've seen some Astros that hurt my side when I laugh that hard. i'm sorry, but vans can not and will not ever look good, so why try???
Old 03-01-2002, 07:25 PM   #15
Incubus

It's the whole underdog thing, I guess......I wouldn't personally want to fix a mini van up, but I guess if I had ungodly amounts of time on my hands and I lived in the middle of nowhere I might give it a shot.

Still cool that somebody actually did it!
Old 03-02-2002, 02:07 AM   #16
88DX CIVIC

i'll have to get the link for it but there was another mini van that ran like 12's. he had a movie of him smoking a ls1 camero. it had a dodge daytona turbocharged motor in it from the factory. hten he didn't even put alot money into it. he bought like a ford f-350 intercooler for it. it was bigger than the radiator. he took the carpet out and the rear seats out. it amazed me.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:30 PM   #17
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by TruHeel142

I'm not revving on vans now!!! I've seen some Astros that hurt my side when I laugh that hard. i'm sorry, but vans can not and will not ever look good, so why try???

Exactly. It's the stupidest thing IMO. I'd rather run a second slower than him but have a decent looking car!
Old 03-02-2002, 04:51 PM   #18
Incubus

I guess if your a soccer mom, a mini van is golden!

I still shudder at the thought of getting revved on my some mom in a mini van with her kids in the back seat with their faces pressed against the glass, and then she smokes me!