Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2004, 12:50 AM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

about ready to give up on it all

So yeah, only a few months of getting my shit painted a deer runs out in front of me @ 40mph, around 11:30pm. Since then Ive been trying my best to fix it w/ what little patience, energy, and care that I have left in me...
My hoods bend above the headlight, fender is stragely warped in several directions (no dents specifically) and my left headlight (which were hard as fuck to find, by the way) is destroyed, blown to bits, and I get spidered stress fractures in several spots on my bumper.
The deer? Oh of course it was fucking fine. Got right up, stood there for 1/2 second and JUMPED away like it stopped to smell a flower. No blood, no staggering, no nothin...totally fine.
(Deer are very greasy animals...my car is lubed to the max on the outside).

Together w/ all the other bad shit I got goin on I am seriously about ready to sell the car, drop out of school, become a eunuch, and just about totally give up on any sort of hope for happiness in my life again.

I need a new hood and a new set of headlights. Thats the bare minimum. Guess I'll have to go back into the motor fund AGAIN...wait didnt I just do that? Oh yeah....I DID. $700 out for a cf hood and good oem lights (no Im not going to just accept crap).

Oh, and there was a car in the other lane at the exact same moment when I hit the damn forest cow. If they werent there I probably couldve swerved into the other lane and missed it...a little shaken, but not poorer and not pissed. Do you think THIS person stopped? FUCK NO.
Thats 2 BS accidents that Ive had in under 8months where someone was there, but didnt stop. To hell w/ humanity.

Im not even going to call the insurance company. They'll just make it my fault (like thats even remotely my fault) and raise my rates. Oh, they'll also give me some bs quote too and not let me do the work. I hate them. The only reason why I use them is in the case of a "totalled" wreck. They write the check and then drop my ass.

Im waiting for my dad to say something like "praise the lord thats all that happened" No. Id be "praising the lord" (if I didnt already despise "god" for giving me all this shit every damn day of my existence on this shit ball of a planet) if I didnt hit the thing at all! "Thanks god for letting me hit this beast, but survive w/ only $1000 in damages and an even more beaten psyche".

Oh, and those that remember my mom...yeah she's got colon cancer too now. Thanks again "god"

*BIG ASS RANT*
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:06 AM   #2
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

that sucks...
hope things get better.
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:09 AM   #3
blind34_1

Re: about ready to give up on it all

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg

(Deer are very greasy animals...my car is lubed to the max on the outside).

^^I'm sorry, but that was damn funny.

You've just had a string of bad luck for some time, haven't you? I'm sorry for you, man.

This is going to sound real stupid, but I've found that things will enivitably go shitty for a period, but then be fine for a while. Its like a square wave; it will be in the positive for a certain duration, then instantly go into the negative. Unfortunatly, you have a low duty cycle: negative more than positive.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:19 AM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm with ya Pat. I gave up on "god" completely after my dad died. I didn't have much in the way of faith before then, but that cinched it. Whenever something really bad happens some people will always be there telling you it was "god's" will. If that's "god's" love, then fuck him/her/it. Sure take everyone and everything I care about but it's ok...it's "god's" will. Fuck it. I'm cooler than "god" and you don't see me going around telling people to worship me, do you (although I should)? As for the car...it's just a car man. I'd be really bummed if something happened to the Mustang...but then again it's just a bunch of metal and plastic. Hell, burn the truck to the ground...I'll add some gas and laugh. In any event...doesn't sound like shit can get much worse. That always sounds shitty if you think about it, but at least you know it's just about got to get better.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:51 AM   #5
pdiggitydogg

I could think of lots of ways it could get worse, actually.

The real problem is that the car is all I really have in any way, shape, or form of a life. Its what I do in my spare time. Its my social life. It really is my sad one and only... (damn thats pathetic...what a loser)

Tomorrow Im putting in an order for new lights and then looking into ordering a hood. Its all I can do.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:08 AM   #6
IALuder

sorry bro, but whayever you do. just dont drop out of school. sell your car drop religion but stay in school.

i know how hard it is for your mom to be sick. mines got athritis and she cant get any better then she has. she can only go down the hill now. worse part is. i got a 50% of having it.:o

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 03:09 AM   #7
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

you getting a carbon fiber hood or oem
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 05:50 AM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i am sorry to hear that.

hey if you give me the pat # for the headlights i will try to find them for you.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:33 AM   #9
pdiggitydogg

well since theyre a japan only part I cant get the #.
I called password and they have a set in stock...guess I'll buy em there.
Hood will have to wait until the beginning of october because I want to pay for it w/ earned cash instead of saved.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:43 AM   #10
IALuder

thats always a good idea.

Old 09-17-2004, 11:12 AM   #11
pdiggitydogg

Well I took some pics.
I couldnt get the detail in the hood dent, so I drew what it looks like instead.

Deer do NOT like JDM. In fact, theyre probaby anti-jdm...

I also got a good bit of the deer-grease off the fender and hood (now its clean there and nowhere else)

"Luckily" I had a spare driver headlight from back in the day. It only has 2 mounting brackets though (top 2) and its not sealed properly. If you glance at the car you cant tell.
If you look at it for like 15-20seconds you see the dents, the warpage, the shitty headlight, the spider'd paint marks, etc.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #12
IALuder

^ i got that problem, them i got JDM headlights and a CF hood and no one even notices the spidered paint. unless you otakuguy who notices ever detail. or stare it for 1-2 mins.

Old 09-17-2004, 11:53 AM   #13
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Hey Pat, keep your head up high. I've given up on a lot of things in my life, but I never gave up on my future. Don't give up on school man. Now I only know you on the net, and you seem like a super nice guy. I know nothing that we can say is really going to change/help much. But bro, just keep your head up high.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:00 PM   #14
Otakuguy

hehe sorry...being an artist I tend to have that bad habit...
Old 09-17-2004, 01:02 PM   #15
Otakuguy

and Pat, I agree with Delsol...if you wanna ditch the car, that's fine. Just don't skip out on school.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:10 PM   #16
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Damn Pat, you've had a string of bad luck a mile long. Sounds like your car will be fixed soon enough, so best of luck with that. It sucks when you have to pay more money for stuff that you already bought once, but at least it can be fixed.

In the mean time, spend some time hanging out with your mom (or do you live w/ her?). It just might make both of you feel better and stuff like that can go a long way toward a perfect recovery for her

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:13 PM   #17
AkimboStylee

i know alot of people aren't going to like what i have to say, but here goes nothing. you are going through some stuff that none want to go through. you are having family problems, you are going to school i imagine full time, and working, which leaves you no time to be with the people that need you the most. i would check with your school to see if can take a leave of absence and take car of your problems. i know when i did that it helped me a little. also dont sweat the small stuff. i know 1000 in damage isnt small, but it could have been worse, the deer could have gone through the windshield, and you could have gotten hurt or even killed. i know you probably dont believe in "god" but i know i dont, but i was having some serious financial problems and i asked for help just cause you know every one says: god why do these things happen to me, why does it seem like i do everything right, but get shit apon, and the people that can do nothing right get what they want. and as i said that, no joke like 15 minutes later i got a call and i was offered a job for 13.50 an hr(i had been fired like two months ago, and struggling to find a job) and it made me think. what if he does exist? and all this happened last week. of course i dont have my civic right now, its getting fixed (GSR SWAP!!!!!!) i now this is ramling on so i am going to leave you with these words, everyhting happens for a reason, and dont let it get to you, you will see your way out of this struggle and overcome what you are having problems with
Old 09-18-2004, 01:21 PM   #18
pdiggitydogg

I think my luck streak is more like 2-3 miles long, of bumpy gravel road...w/ big puddles and holes.

My mom and dad offered to help w/ expenses as a loan yesterday...I turned em down.

I bought a vis hood from spark racing (sorry stefan I couldnt wait a month for your review of the hood you carry) and it should be here in under 2 weeks (Id actually believe 3). Now I need to find the mr gasket hood locks locally (good luck...)
I also have passwordjdm holding a set of sir headlights from their next order of parts (end of the month).

Im also going to try the "Ding King" from that As Seen on TV store for the fender (found 2 dents). I might be able to go 1/2's on it w/ a buddy so it wont cost much at all. If I do I'll let everyone know what I think of it.

I wanna thank all of you guys for the, what I feel to be, genuine sympathy and kind words. Youre all alright
Im feelin pretty good today
Old 09-18-2004, 01:28 PM   #19
Fatal070

DAMN... I’m sorry about that pDiggs that really sucks man... I know how it is to totally DESTROY your front end and it's not a fun experience! If you stick with it good luck man and don't talk about dropping out of school because after school then you'll have a chance to actually buy a car that is fast already ha-ha or a car that even looks nice stock!
Old 09-18-2004, 06:38 PM   #20
AkimboStylee

sorry to hijack, but where in the hell have you been fatal?
Old 09-19-2004, 12:39 PM   #21
Fatal070

Busy busy busy...
Old 09-19-2004, 06:13 PM   #22
JDMFantasy2k

wow pat that really sucks man. I feel for ya. But don't give up hope on Debra!! she looked so good a week ago, just give it time. oh and one more thing.

get a hunting license and a rifle
Old 09-19-2004, 06:24 PM   #23
pdiggitydogg

what is complete irony is that Ive gone hunting since I was 14 (and since I was 7 w/o a gun) and I have NEVER gotten a deer and Ive only seen one a handful of times.
Now, this time I had my chance...and I still couldnt kill one.

As of this yr, though, I am completely done hunting. Not because of this, but because Im tired of it.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:20 PM   #24
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by krwheeler85
sorry to hijack, but where in the hell have you been fatal?

Why not just use the PM button...

Well Pdiggs I'm glad to see that your hood is coming in and the headlights will be done at the end of next month.
Glad to hear what we say is making you a little happier.

I can't hunt either. I"ve been a ton of times. Just can't do it.
I know how ya feel.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote