.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2004, 02:08 PM   #1
Qyiot1

New

Hey what's up all,

I'm a new female to this forum and so far it's madd cool. I'm working on hooking up my car some more. I like to do it all myself too. I always try it myself before I take it somewhere. Right now I have a few things I want to get. Can anyone tell me whats the best kind of rims to get(as far as alloy, silver, chrome, Pros and Cons of them all? I'd like to go with 17"s. I also want to install the start button. Any suggestions on where I can purchase it? I'll just leave it at that. I have a ton of questions.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:12 PM   #2
KevC

Depends. If all you want is looks, then it's all up to yo. I don't like all the bling bling so I'd recommend alloy. They're slightly lighter aswell.

17"s may be a tad too heavy/big, but if that's the look ur going for then all the power to you. Just make sure the change of wheel diameter doesn't mess up your speedo/clock.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:14 PM   #3
Qyiot1

I like chrome maybe I'll go with 16"s. Is there a difference for the maitenance?
Old 03-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #4
IALuder

whats the color of your car?

chrome is ugly imo.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:47 PM   #5
Qyiot1

Yeah, I'm thinking about it. I don't want to attract too much attention so I may go with the alloys. My car is the Sage Green color. (sometimes it looks blue depending on the light)
Old 03-04-2004, 03:54 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

chrome is heavier generally because of the "elaborate" designs for the rims, also if you want chrome to even look decent, you need to clean them every time you drive basically. also chrome is more expensive. alloy wheels look better IMO, they make lots of knock off ones if high quality(width/weight) isnt a factor. you cna get colored rims pretty easy now too(bronze graphite gunmteal etc)

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:50 PM   #7
pbateson

Hi!

Don't get chrome it heavy. <_<
Old 03-05-2004, 06:43 AM   #8
Qyiot1

I think I'm going to go with the alloys. Too many pot holes in Boston so I don't want to have to deal with that too much either. Thanks All. What about and exhaust system. Not sure on what to buy. Don't want it too loud though. I'll do some research as well. Any brands at decent prices?
Old 03-05-2004, 06:56 AM   #9
cashizslick

Hey Qyiot1, you are from Boston? Represent - im from springfield.

BTW, rule of thumb in this area for wheels = dont go any bigger than 2 sizes over your stock wheel because all the potholes will bend ur wheelz.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:07 AM   #10
Qyiot1

Yeah, That's what I don't want to deal with. Thanks. Any places you suggest I check out?
Old 03-05-2004, 07:10 AM   #11
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by Qyiot1
Yeah, That's what I don't want to deal with. Thanks. Any places you suggest I check out?

For wheelz? just go to a local wheel shop and see if they have anything you like - if they dont, then you can order online or off ebay if you like.

BTW, you ever go to Avalon in Boston? That place is ssssoooo fun! Im supposed to be there with my friend Alice on March 12 to hear Carl Cox spin.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:20 AM   #12
Qyiot1

Yes, I've been to the Avalon. I just went there not too long ago to peep an Em C battle. Krs One was there. It was ill. I may go peep Carl Cox. I'm into spinnin'. I'm learning how to Dj
Old 03-05-2004, 08:08 AM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

welcome.

i live in pot hole heaven and my 17" rims don't have bend on them. i use 215/45/17 tires. for that kind of color i would reccomend some gun metal or bronze with a polished lip. exhaust: thermal R&D or greddy evo 2 which i have for sale for some pretty decent prices

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:27 AM   #14
Qyiot1

Have any pics?
Old 03-05-2004, 09:28 AM   #15
cashizslick

Quote:
Yes, I've been to the Avalon. I just went there not too long ago to peep an Em C battle. Krs One was there. It was ill. I may go peep Carl Cox. I'm into spinnin'. I'm learning how to Dj

What is your fav type of electronic music? Im a tranceaddict - gotta love it.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:32 AM   #16
Qyiot1

I dip into a little bit of everything but I'm a hip hop, rap, reggae and r&b kinda gal. (Maybe you can name some songs for me to check out as a Dj I don't want to be limited to one kind of music)
Old 03-05-2004, 09:37 AM   #17
cashizslick

Quote:
I dip into a little bit of everything but I'm a hip hop, rap, reggae and r&b kinda gal. (Maybe you can name some songs for me to check out as a Dj I don't want to be limited to one kind of music)

Ok, i dont know how you feel about house, trance, ect.
well, ok - Solar Stone: 7 cities, Flood, Speak In Sypmathy - Artificial vs. Spacecorn: Inside of Me [murder mix]. Motercycle: As the rush comes, those are just a few great tracks to start with.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:57 AM   #18
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Have any pics?

here is my green monster with the gun metal wheels and polished lip. please excuse all the primer there

http://home.earthlink.net/~sdobre/newwheels/

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #19
Qyiot1

Those are pretty hot.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:19 AM   #20
Qyiot1

Question Hondaman. What does polished lip mean??
Old 03-05-2004, 10:21 AM   #21
SolPol

Welcome

tirerack.com is a good one.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:26 AM   #22
Qyiot1

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
Ok, i dont know how you feel about house, trance, ect.
well, ok - Solar Stone: 7 cities, Flood, Speak In Sypmathy - Artificial vs. Spacecorn: Inside of Me [murder mix]. Motercycle: As the rush comes, those are just a few great tracks to start with.

Ok I'll check em out. Thanks
Old 03-05-2004, 10:27 AM   #23
Qyiot1

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
Welcome

tirerack.com is a good one.

Ok I'll check that out.