::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2002, 02:29 AM   #1
Quist

painting inside of taillights

I remember reading an article about a guy that would bake taillights in the oven and pull them apart and paint the interior of them and put them all back together. I was wondering if any one out there remembers this or if the guy that did it could tell me and small steps that I may want to take. I was planning on buy some altezzas from a friend for cheap and paint the interior of them black to match my car but leave the red light part. any ideas or thoughts???
Old 03-05-2002, 07:51 AM   #2
BrandonClaps

i did my headlights 15-20 min on 200 degree's, came apart easy, then painted em let em dry, put them back int he oven for another 15-20 min to get the glue all soft and put back together. Then put silicone around it to make sure it wouldn't fog up or leak. Very easy ;]
Old 03-06-2002, 02:45 AM   #3
Quist

How did they turn out????

Do you have any picks???
Old 03-06-2002, 09:02 AM   #4
BrandonClaps

there ya go i just snapped the pic lol they came out great no foggin, no leaking
Old 03-06-2002, 09:07 AM   #5
BrandonClaps

what it looked like before if you can't picture it
Old 03-08-2002, 02:54 PM   #6
Quist

WOW you did an awesome job. Those look like the ones you would buy at a shop. Congrats!!!

Hey how did you get the honda emblem out of the front of your car I need to remove mine!!! Damn I wish mine was blue----Black cars suck, get to dirty
Old 03-08-2002, 06:24 PM   #7
BrandonClaps

yours is different then mine, you'll have to purcahse the grille from autozone or somethin APC makes one. Mine just unscrewed out. http://civicsi.mine.nu check my website at like 12am EST tonight (march 9th) i'll post some better pics of the headlights
Old 04-03-2002, 11:48 AM   #8
HKSaccord

What color & kind of paint did you use to paint the headlights?
Old 04-05-2002, 02:22 AM   #9
yelizardking

dude you did a sweet ass job on those lights i might have to to the same thing on my baby, so what kind of paint did you use again?
Old 04-06-2002, 12:20 AM   #10
Civicfrenzy

ok for everyone who wanted to know what paint that guy used i emailed him and this is his responce:

I used dupilicolor graphite and I used there primer also, I used the whole can of paint on both headlights it was one of those little ones at autozone.