.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
Prophcy0

Need help fixing some different things on a 95 Civic Coupe.

As I mentioned in the thread about my transmission, I just bought a 95 EX Coupe today. There's some minor things wrong with it that I need to know how to fix.

First off, the sunroof. I knew when I bought it that it was broke. The dealer said it slides off the track when you open it up. I'll believe him on this because there are two scratches on the roof right behind the sunroof. Is this a common problem? If so, is there an easy fix?

Secondly, the trunk lid on the driver's side is raised just slightly higher than it's supposed to be. Is there an easy fix for this?

Thirdly, the locks are giving me some trouble, especially on the driver's side. (This is one thing I didn't notice when at the dealership.) When I try to lock the car from the inside it won't work the majority of the time. The little latch that says "lock" won't hardly move. The power lock button makes the noise like it's trying to lock the door, but it doesn't do anything. To lock the door from the outside I have to push the key in really hard, then turn. I'm assuming this is easily fixable. I just have to take the door panel off and have a look. Anyway, I figured I'd ask about this too in case anyone had any advice.

I'm starting to really regret wrecking my 4dr. The interior wasn't quite as nice, but it ran perfectly and everything worked fine, with the exception of the door handle on the back driver's side door.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
AzCivic

are you sure this car wasnt in an accident too?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Hondas do have issues with sunroofs (well, a lot of them do). I changed my sliders for a new one just last winter (or was it 2 winters ago? whatever) Its not hard...just a giant pain in the ass. You should check to make sure if its the sliders or the track itself. When you figure it out, come back and we can tell you what you'll need to fix it.

A raised trunk lid does sound like the car was in an accident. You can try bending the arm a TINY bit after you've looked at the stoppers.

As for the locks...you'll need to play with it to find out more. There's lots that it could be.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:57 PM   #4
Prophcy0

The carfax report didn't show any accidents. I really miss my old Civic at this point, since I'm beginning to think nothing is right with the one I just bought. I should've just driven my older civic around with the huge dent in it and waited until the perfect car came along. At this point I'm kind of stuck with the one I just bought, unless I want to lose a thousand or more dollars.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #5
AzCivic

carfax will only show an accident if there's a police report. if it turns out it was, i think there's a way to make them buy back the car.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:25 PM   #6
Prophcy0

Then there may have been an accident. The rear bumper on the driver's side is sagging ever so slightly, which I think can be fixed easily. The gas door's latch also needs to be bent a little so the door will close flush with the rest of the car. I'm guessing someone rear ended that side of the car or something.

Is there any other way to find out if the car has been in an accident?
Old 01-07-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
AzCivic

my advice would be to take it to a good body shop and have them look it over, they should know what to look for.

did you buy it from one of those "mom&pop" type dealerships?
Old 01-07-2005, 11:08 PM   #8
Prophcy0

It was a privately owned dealership that probably had 50 - 75 cars in total. They had all sorts of cars, ranging from the Civic up to newer Jaguars. Everyone there seemed nice and honest. They're a member of the Better Business Bureau and all that good stuff.

I know a body shop locally that would take a look at it for free. If it has been in a wreck is there anything I can do about it? You mentioned there may be some way for the dealer to pay me back for it.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:36 PM   #9
AzCivic

now I dont know for certain, but if they know the car was in an accident I THINK they have to tell you if not i THINK they can get in trouble. I'm really no too sure on this, so please ask around about this.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #10
Prophcy0

They had bought the car from an auction, so I don't even know if they knew about an accident. I was just impressed with how clean the car was. The interior was spotless, the body looked to be in great shape, and they'd even cleaned up the engine bay.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:19 AM   #11
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Prophcy0
The carfax report didn't show any accidents.

I wouldnt trust carfax to much because when I got rear ended like 5 months later I ran the vin on my car and came back nothing. The girl who hit me totaled her car and cause 2900 dollars worth of damage to mine....so I dont beleive those bastards for a minute.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:30 AM   #12
Prophcy0

I went out to look at the sunroof and try to figure out what's wrong with it, and the damn thing won't open at all. There's also condensation on the inside of it. Is there a way to manually open it up to check it out?
Old 01-08-2005, 01:51 AM   #13
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Prophcy0
They had bought the car from an auction, so I don't even know if they knew about an accident. I was just impressed with how clean the car was. The interior was spotless, the body looked to be in great shape, and they'd even cleaned up the engine bay.

i would still think they'd know if there is obvious repair signs. either way get it checked out at that one place for free and see what they have to say about it.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #14
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

about the sunroof (actually is a moonroof, but whatever)
You need to remove the side trim from under it. There should be two panels that are just held by screws.
After you remove that you can see the nuts that hold the glass - take those off so you can remove the whole panel and get a better view at the tracks and sliders
(Just remember to keep the shims the same as when you removed it!)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote