::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2003, 10:28 PM   #1
OPAKRACING

How hard is it too.....

put PWR steering in a 1995 or lower civic HB?

and how much?
Old 06-02-2003, 03:02 PM   #2
nonovurbizniz

you'd get the parts at a junkyard or ebay... probobly less than 300 bucks...

it'd be a pain in the a55..

why would you want to ADD pwr steering? most people remove it...

if you do it while the enigine is out it won't be that bad but other wise it'll be a PAIN.

also quaife is beginning development of a lowratio manual rack for 92-95 civics... that would be your best bet... it's like 150-200 but it's not out yet... h-t has a thread about it.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:03 PM   #3
nonovurbizniz

also the p/s pump may not fit... probobly will but sometimes with swaps there isn't enough room to run accesories. with a b series you're probobly safe.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:24 PM   #4
Mischief(LTS)

enlighten me why do people REMOVE power steering? isnt it there to... assist you?
Old 06-02-2003, 06:31 PM   #5
nonovurbizniz

because it's heavy and drains power off the crank via the belt/pulley...

they usually pull the pump and loop the lines. but keep the power rack because it has a better ratio...

also honda power steering is just assist... it only does something when your stopped... most people find out (or at least i did driving a non-ps car since I was 16) that:
A. manual steering has MUCH better feel
B. it's not that hard to turn stopped and just as easy when you're rolling AT ALL... as soon as you let the wheels turn just a little the wheel turns easy.

I've said since the day I got my ex that I wanted it off... my sentra had MUCH better feel.

however the manual rack in the civic has a CRAPPY ratio to make it easier to turn. but requires more turns lock to lock.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:54 PM   #6
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
because it's heavy and drains power off the crank via the belt/pulley...

they usually pull the pump and loop the lines. but keep the power rack because it has a better ratio...

also honda power steering is just assist... it only does something when your stopped... most people find out (or at least i did driving a non-ps car since I was 16) that:
A. manual steering has MUCH better feel
B. it's not that hard to turn stopped and just as easy when you're rolling AT ALL... as soon as you let the wheels turn just a little the wheel turns easy.

I've said since the day I got my ex that I wanted it off... my sentra had MUCH better feel.

however the manual rack in the civic has a CRAPPY ratio to make it easier to turn. but requires more turns lock to lock.

Ah ok...good to know good to know...i just wanted pwr steering cause its easier... heheh
Old 06-02-2003, 09:31 PM   #7
nonovurbizniz

I found that with my old car my arms got bigger... especially the forearms... it's a good thing.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:44 PM   #8
OPAKRACING

Quote:
I found that with my old car my arms got bigger... especially the forearms... it's a good thing.

Damn strait it is...Hmm, i'm deciding weather or not to crack the jerking muscle joke....hmm...
Old 06-02-2003, 09:48 PM   #9
nonovurbizniz

Ya tell me about it...

I used to work at gas stations.... the next time you wash your windows with a squeegy.. torque it as hard as you can... it flexes a muscle in your forearm... right by the elbow on the inside... well I got in the habit of doing windows with AS MUCH PRESSURE as possible... between that and the non-ps car by graduation my arms REALLY looked like popeye's...

I off handedly used to show people the muscle... when I was working at a resturant I showed some of the folks there... dude was like "GEEE what's THAT from????"

I was like NO I SWEAR....
Old 06-02-2003, 10:26 PM   #10
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Ya tell me about it...

I used to work at gas stations.... the next time you wash your windows with a squeegy.. torque it as hard as you can... it flexes a muscle in your forearm... right by the elbow on the inside... well I got in the habit of doing windows with AS MUCH PRESSURE as possible... between that and the non-ps car by graduation my arms REALLY looked like popeye's...

I off handedly used to show people the muscle... when I was working at a resturant I showed some of the folks there... dude was like "GEEE what's THAT from????"

I was like NO I SWEAR....

rofl!