::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2004, 03:40 PM   #1
JDMFantasy2k

Wheel, coilover, and strut suggestions

In about a month I plan on purchasing wheels and tires. I also want to do coilovers on my car and aftermarket struts... so

i want to know what kind of wheels ( and what sizes) you guys are running (preferably on your 96-00 civic so i can get an idea of what it would look like on my car)

secondly, i need coilover suggestions. needs to be affordable, i've heard good things about ground control coilovers.

lastly struts. My friend has a 99 civic with ground control coilovers and kyb struts so any imput would be greatly apprecieated since i know near to nothing about suspension mods.
JDMFantasy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:42 PM   #2
JDMFantasy2k

oops i didn't realize i posted under the classified ads, umm if a moderator would like to move this post to where it belongs, that would be apprecieated. srry
Old 03-29-2004, 05:33 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i'd go ground control coilovers and koni yellow shocks, but for the price i would get a set of tein ss. those 2 are guaranteed to make the car stick to the road. if you need prices let me know. i can work something out for you:

Grounbd controls-300-340 depending on the shocks
KYB AGX-$375
Koni Yellows-$565
Tein SS Coilovers $935 Shipped
Also a kunk2 camber kit for the front for $211 and you would be all set to go

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
JDMFantasy2k

see that's the thing, i'm not growing money in my backyard, so i'd like to spend around 500 for the struts and coilovers or whatever. As long as my car is lowered, and handles amazingly, and can go back up for around 500, i'll be estatic.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:06 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well keep dreaming then. a good suspension setup will run you around 900-1000 for adjustable. all others suck. i highly reccomend against kyb agx because they seem to be a lot on the stiff side, plus i hated the way my car handled

Old 04-06-2004, 06:19 PM   #6
ICUDOUCME

Coilovers

Hondaman I was checking out your site and it looks good. Anyways a question on coilovers. I am liking the Tein Basic, Ground Control and Skunk 2. I know there is a difference in quality between the three. But for sake of arguments can you give me the ups and downs of all three of them. Here is what I am facing on a daily basis. Driving a lot, lots of hills, bumps, pot holes. Some racing but not a lot (depends on where the CC is going for shows) thanks for the help.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:33 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the tein basics are too mushy, they can drop the car up to 3" but tein does not reccomend that.

Skunk2 Way too bouncy, and not that great of handling

Ground control: well they are made with Eibach ERS springs and i quite liek the feel and comfort of the car. they handle the best with the koni yellows.

If i wouldhave had the money to spend on the koni/ground control combo i'd add another $30 and do the tein ss setup. worth the money in my opinion. The ground controls seem to have some coil bind after 2.5" of compression. nothing big, but a big bump will be pretty uncomfy