::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2002, 11:33 AM   #1
BlackNotch

5.0 vs. Civic Hatch (sort of) VIDEO

This morning, I ran into a Civic hatchback. He made a move that kinda pissed me off so the chase was on. Of course he has exhaust and a niceass stereo that I can hear the bass with him being behind me, LOL.

Anyway, traffic was pretty dense on this road so there wasn't a chance to line up (Route 7 East, Falls Church, VA).

At a light, he was behind me and I took off and left him pretty confidently and then slowed down. I was chuckling at the thought that a Civic dared mess with a 5.0L (even though this was my slowass daily driven auto convert GT with 180k that only runs high 14s). But I think he didn't try to chase me.

Next light, he got in front of me and first in line. I was gonna run him down and pass him. He took off, I was in "1" and wound it up to 5500rpm ....and then shift to "D". I thought I was going to blast pass him, but damn, I was only hanging behind him and he was pulling away by a very small, but noticeable rate.

Then my auto tranny shifted into 3rd. This is when he pulled a bit harder because this AOD won't let me wind up to 5000rpm in 2nd...it will shift into 3rd about 4000rpm or so. If I do the manual "1-D-1" shift, it will work....but it has to be done right and mess up too many times.....it's bye-bye transmission.

At the next light I told him his car was fast! I asked him what engine swap (since I didn't hear any turbo). He said he did some kind of engine swap but I couldn't make out what he said.

It was a red Civic hatch, dark tint, primered aftermarket nose clip (just installed)....Spanish guy I think....

Here's a vid of his car in front......but not of the actual good run above......I thought I hit record, but the remote control for the camcorder was low on battery and it didn't register :(

I bet it's about a high to mid 14 Civic....nice seeing some fast ones out there. My convert runs 14.8-15.0 Best 0-60 on G-Tech was 5.97 sec. Probably a fluke because it averages about 6.4 - 6.5 sec. That 3rd gear shift at low rpm is what kills my 1/4 ETs.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ca43e...Q5P98ANl1Y468X
Old 03-30-2002, 11:45 AM   #2
slowEJ6

nice
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 12:52 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sorry but i could see no video. althou it seems a nice run

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 06:47 AM   #4
toykilla

rt 7. haha Ive been there, its like 28 and rt 1 during rush hour. not a fun place to be between 3-7pm =[
Old 04-01-2002, 09:16 PM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

It doesn't take much to make those light hatches go fast.

I hate rush hour traffic. It always seems like you find a nice car to race when there's no room.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:34 PM   #6
BlackNotch

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
It doesn't take much to make those light hatches go fast.

That's what I'm looking to do with this '92 Civic Hatch owned by my friend that's got a blown head gasket.

I'm thinking, that if I do a B16 (?) and tranny swap and sell the old tranny (still good) and maybe even sell the old block....to recover a few bucks. And that thing is roomy as hell for such a small car.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:46 PM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackNotch

That's what I'm looking to do with this '92 Civic Hatch owned by my friend that's got a blown head gasket.

I'm thinking, that if I do a B16 (?) and tranny swap and sell the old tranny (still good) and maybe even sell the old block....to recover a few bucks. And that thing is roomy as hell for such a small car.

You'll love it. Sell all the old parts. No reason to keep 'em. Also swap in an ITR tranny instaed of the Si tranny if you have the money for it.