Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2002, 02:28 PM   #1
SNOOPYJC

Post Got Stang? More Like Stung! Lol

[i][b][font=century gothic][color=purple]

Hey everyone! I am relatively new to the site and wanted to extend my hellos and salutations to all..I saw this board and decided to bring you to date on my funniest and most classic kill...I own a 88 Prelude S 5speed with an engine i rebulit from the ground up....1 prob, its carbbed! lol But anyway, I am sittin at a light and up pops this dude with his girlfriend in a new Ford Mustang. Well immediately he revvs his engine as to show his is the new king of the strip....yeah right. So at the light we sit and when it turns Green, I slam the clutch, sqeak and by the time I look up I am in 3rd and lookin for the Mustang....Lookin over my shoulder, I see that the idiot is spinning his a$$ off and is trying to get his tires to hook.. ...Well see there is a problem that he failed to realized...It rained last night, the street is still a lil wet, and he has rear wheel drive...So you know how stupid he felt when I stopped at a green light and waited until it turned red for him to get there! The look on his face was killer and his girlfriend was ragging him about how he got his a$$ beat by a Honda....lol So there you have it folks....when looking for a race, pay attention to all details, especially mother nature! Peace!
Old 03-19-2002, 02:37 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice kill, and welcome to HS

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 03:01 PM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice one. I liek it when people who are cocky are made to look bad.... especially in front of their girls..

BTW.... What all have you done to your car? Just curious.
Old 03-19-2002, 03:13 PM   #4
SNOOPYJC

Mods!

Yo Civic Addict,

Currently i have done a few mods to the car..

Complete engine rebuild. Using Webber Carbs
Rebulit the transmission and new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing etc.
Complete Exhaust install with SI mods from Prelude 89 with dual wall insulated pipe and Si Muffler
Set of 16 inch custom rims on 215/50/16 Firestone Firehawk Tires
Custom White Graphics of Snoopy and Woody on the Rear Window and side rear glass.
Also upgraded the sound system with 6.5 all the way around and a Panasonic CD player (Blue Lit to match Interior) 12 wwofer in trunk.
Blue and Black Racing Seat Covers
Pair of Hyper Blue Tenzo R Fog lights and Tenzo R shifter

Other than that the only things that have to be done are:

Purchase Spoiler
New Paint Job (Royal Blue Metallic)
Purchase bumpers from a 89 or 90 Lude
Purchase Blue/Black MOMO Steering Wheel
Alarm System! (First Priority)
Complete Interior Painting to match exterior paint.
Old 03-19-2002, 03:40 PM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: Mods!

Quote:
Originally posted by SNOOPYJC
Yo Civic Addict,

Currently i have done a few mods to the car..

Complete engine rebuild. Using Webber Carbs
Rebulit the transmission and new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing etc.
Complete Exhaust install with SI mods from Prelude 89 with dual wall insulated pipe and Si Muffler
Set of 16 inch custom rims on 215/50/16 Firestone Firehawk Tires
Custom White Graphics of Snoopy and Woody on the Rear Window and side rear glass.
Also upgraded the sound system with 6.5 all the way around and a Panasonic CD player (Blue Lit to match Interior) 12 wwofer in trunk.
Blue and Black Racing Seat Covers
Pair of Hyper Blue Tenzo R Fog lights and Tenzo R shifter

Other than that the only things that have to be done are:

Purchase Spoiler
New Paint Job (Royal Blue Metallic)
Purchase bumpers from a 89 or 90 Lude
Purchase Blue/Black MOMO Steering Wheel
Complete Interior Painting to match exterior paint.

Sounds nice. You ought to post up some pics..... http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/for...?s=&forumid=23
Old 03-19-2002, 08:37 PM   #6
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Nice kill.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 01:08 AM   #7
toykilla

Nice kill but you rebuilt your engine with lower compression pistons and all that tuff stuff? If so, you actually lost horsepower..Nice job!! Low compression without NOS or Turbo is useless. =] Consider this...my friends 95 GS-T with low compression and 15psi boost. I beat him in my high compression 5psi boosted GS. I also beat the 12psi low compression 2001 GTI 1.8T. Just letting you know. =]
Old 03-20-2002, 07:18 AM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
Nice kill but you rebuilt your engine with lower compression pistons and all that tuff stuff? If so, you actually lost horsepower..Nice job!! Low compression without NOS or Turbo is useless. =] Consider this...my friends 95 GS-T with low compression and 15psi boost. I beat him in my high compression 5psi boosted GS. I also beat the 12psi low compression 2001 GTI 1.8T. Just letting you know. =]

Where did he say he has lower compression pistons? I apparently missed that part.....
But I agree, low compression with FI or nitrous is useless.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:20 AM   #9
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Where did he say he has lower compression pistons? I apparently missed that part.....

No where did he say, he rebuilt with lower compression...but lets be honest. A rebuild without the power for it is useless. Its a waste of money and will not help your times in anyway. To rebuild with the same compression ratio's is even worse. JE Pistons at say 9:1 ratio will blow just as fast as stock pistons at same ratio under too much boost. If he rebuild with higher compression pistons then he did awesome and might actually make it worth it. If not, he wasted a whole lotta money.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:33 AM   #10
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

I meant without......
Old 03-21-2002, 06:07 PM   #11
toykilla

Re: Mods!

Quote:
Originally posted by SNOOPYJC

Don't waste your money even more than you already did on the rebuild. If someone wants your stereo or anything in your car, no damn siren is going to stop them from taking it. Take my word for it...I had a $10,000 stereo stolen with alarm and in my ****ing driveway. What kind of shit is that?
Old 03-21-2002, 06:53 PM   #12
tightteg52

Re: Re: Mods!

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla

Don't waste your money even more than you already did on the rebuild. If someone wants your stereo or anything in your car, no damn siren is going to stop them from taking it. Take my word for it...I had a $10,000 stereo stolen with alarm and in my ****ing driveway. What kind of shit is that?

One word INSURANCE!! insurance companies will love you for a alarm it will help your payments drop! Also some insurance companies if you have full coverage and keep ALL recipets from audio purchases will work with you!
Old 03-22-2002, 03:07 PM   #13
Incubus

So my Teg is an LS and it naturally has a low compression and I heard lower compression allows you to boost higher.........oh well, I guess it's a balancing act!
Old 03-22-2002, 04:32 PM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Incubus
So my Teg is an LS and it naturally has a low compression and I heard lower compression allows you to boost higher.........oh well, I guess it's a balancing act!

Yeah it is. Low compression is great if you plan on boosting. My friend's 97 F-150 has a 9.3:1 compression stock. That's the main reason you can put a 12 psi supercharger on it with stock internals.
Old 03-23-2002, 09:39 PM   #15
toykilla

Re: Re: Re: Mods!

Quote:
Originally posted by tightteg52

One word INSURANCE!! insurance companies will love you for a alarm it will help your payments drop! Also some insurance companies if you have full coverage and keep ALL recipets from audio purchases will work with you!

Oh yea, insurence...haha. My insurence said **** you. I had pictures, all reciepts and an alarm. They told me they would only pay for stock stuff. It just so happened the stock headunit for my car is $1,100.00. I got a nice insurence check of $78.00. Yea, work with you my ass. I havent had insurence since because whats the point? Do they plan on taking your money and helping you when you need it or just taking your money?
Old 03-23-2002, 09:42 PM   #16
Maxvla

very interesting the compression talk... hmm...
and even if you have full coverage if you don't let the insurance people verify you have it installed they will not cover it.
it will make your rates go up but they will at least cover it.
Old 03-25-2002, 04:33 AM   #17
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Incubus

Yes and no. With lower compression you will beable to run more boost but with high compression you wont need to run more boost. Here's an option that some choose. They raise there compression to, say 12:1 and keep boost at around 8psi. That way they only have to pay for the rebuild. Not for the fuel management. Say someone else lowers compression to 8.5:1. Inorder to run more boost, they will still have to upgrade fuel system more than what the turbo comes with in the kit. With the high compression and 8psi, you will get just as much power as running the lower compression with 15-20psi at a cheaper price. The only downfall to the higher compression, is youd never beable to run enough boost to keep up with the people that have low compression and really upgraded fuel system. They both have advantages and disadvantages. Its all about what you plan on doing with your car. If your not trying to run 10's, but still want the turbo. Id rebuild to high compression. That way you dont have to spend extra money on a boost controller or for injecters/ignition/standalone fuel management. (SAVE A LOT). If you want to be running 10's, spend the money and do it right, low compression/fuel management/ignition. I plan on running 30psi and 100-shot direct port by summer's end, so of course, im going with low compression and fuel management system. I highly doubt you'd beable to run a turbo and NOS with a rebuild to higher than stock compression either. The highest ive heard on a stock eclipse (shot wise) is 75shot. If you have stock bottom end and turbo, youd blow your engine with the shot+turbo. Just a little bit of information for the interested that want to be 12's but think they need to do engine swap or lower compression+turbo.