::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2002, 11:42 AM   #1
HondaTypeJ

I won! But never again!

Ok. Alot of the time you can find people looking to race on SUNSET BLVD. out here in Los Angeles. Now I am talking about the part of sunset that lead from the PCH all the way out to Beverly Hills because that is the windiest and most dangerour route. There is even on curve called "Dead mans curve" because constant accidents have occured on that one curve, not to mention deaths. ANYWAY, I was dying to test out my cars performance now that I had my Exhaust on w/my CAI. I hit up onto sunset and no more than 30 secs, I get this dude that wants to go at it. She was in a 99-00 Civic EX w/exhaust from what I could see. This guy was REAL cocky! We both hit it after the sig. turns green and we are off! This race was crazy! So crazy I wanted to back off but I decided to punch it and continue on. He pulls up in front of me and I am like right on his ass. I just glanced ahead and saw an opening on the right and pulled up ahead of him. Now he is on my ass. In and out of light traffic we go until I remember that this part of sunset gets REAL curvy. I didnt want to loose and by the looks of it, he was gettin' nervous. I put all I had into it and straight up left him eating my dust. It got way too sticky for him and he couldnt handle it. Anyway, after loosing him he later pulled up next to me and said that it was a good race and also told me that I was one Crazy S.O.B. For those of you wondering about my performance. It is ALOT better. Better acceleration and overall performance from my engine. Will I ever race on Sunset again? Probably not. But it was a good race to remember.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:40 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

nice. what speed did u hit the curve at ? i know we have one in cleveland on i90 @ 90 degrees and it is like a 35 mph speed limit there. i managed to do that with 75 in my old subaru and 85-90 in my accord

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 02:04 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Damn, that's crazy. Nice kill, and good thing you didn't wreck...

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 04:17 PM   #4
Niacin

I'd like to congradulate you, but I really don't wanna condone where you went racing, so I guess that evens out.

Max
Old 04-03-2002, 05:24 PM   #5
HondaTypeJ

It is just about a 90 degree turn and I hit it right at 85 (the speed limit is 30 is believe. I SWEAR I thought I was going to wreck. That is why I say...never again. I really wasnt looking to race anyone, just to go out and test my car. But there was that guy so I figured why not. I usually have more sense. I guess it was an impulse.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:46 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Damn, you guys are taking 35 corners at 85+ w/ stock suspension? I don't think I'd even try that in my car. It corners like shit right now.... need new struts.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 12:10 AM   #7
Maxvla

dumb luck?
Old 04-07-2002, 04:38 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Good kill, but you're lucky you didn't wreck. We've all done something stupid before. At least you realize it and won't do it again.......
Old 04-07-2002, 09:37 PM   #9
juvenile

all stated above.
-nice kill
-don't do it again
-you must have some huge balls!