::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2002, 12:31 PM   #1
q709

New exhaust?

I have a stock 97civicDX and recently did some damge to the exhaust (resulting in very loud rumble that sounds like crap, it seems to be coming from before the muffler). I figured now would be a good time to get an exhaust with some performace instead of just replacing the stock one. I was thinking cat-back with 2 inch pipes. I was wondering what you guys would recomend. I'm looking for something thats low-cost, and not too loud. Should I just get a bolt on, or go custom, what are the pros and cons?
Old 02-06-2002, 12:51 PM   #2
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

2-2 1/4 would be a good size...Cat back would be a great choise and you should take a Look at Greddy,DC SPorts,Brullen,HKS and thermal to name a few....

good luck on your purchase and let us know what you decide on...
Old 02-06-2002, 02:34 PM   #3
4jacks

Look Into the Pricing On Having Pipe bent and buying a Nice Muffler, Also. Pro's You get more Choices in Mufflers, and it's not terribly expensive.

I think 2 1/4" is a pretty standard Inlet Size for most Mufflers so You might as Well get 2 1/4" if you go w/ bending Pipe

Patrick
4jacks
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 12:58 PM   #4
slowEJ6

let midas put on your pipe and pick yourself up a custom muffler like APEXi or somethin......
or you could just get a Magnaflow catback system for a nice price, Thermal Research and Development as well.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 03:50 PM   #5
q709

Greddy Evo

I have been looking around and i've settled on the Greddy Evo cat-back. Now my question is if the one they list at this page will work on a 4 door civic. Also is this a good price/anyone know of a better one?
Old 02-15-2002, 05:57 PM   #6
slowEJ6

im not really sure if the one for the Si would work....but one for the DX/EX might, might need a bit of the pipe shortened so it fits, im not entirely sure.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 10:11 PM   #7
Honda Type R

Re: Greddy Evo

Quote:
Originally posted by q709
I have been looking around and i've settled on the Greddy Evo cat-back. Now my question is if the one they list at this page will work on a 4 door civic. Also is this a good price/anyone know of a better one?

Your a very smart man t o buy the GReddy Evo. I promise you will be very happy with its very deep tone and loud wen u get past 5500krpms If u have VTEC
Old 02-19-2002, 04:24 PM   #8
volleyd13

That is the best price i have found. I didn't check into the shipping for it though. You should be able to get one to you for no more than 500 shipped.
Old 02-19-2002, 04:40 PM   #9
q709

Yeah, I looked around about 50 websites, and $492.82(shiped)
was the best price I could find, even if you count in those on-line coupons you can find on some websites. So I ordered it from civicsuperstore. Also I e-mailed GReddy to ask if the exhausts they list for "Coupe" civic will work on 4dr models and they said they would. Thanks for all your help guys.