.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
Wren57

Why we must win this war for the world...

http://www.americandigest.org/mt-arc...445.php#002445
Old 11-02-2004, 05:08 PM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Man...that's incredibly misguided...and also somewhat racist. More fear mongering under the guise of patriotism. We all know you're voting republican Wren...no need to degrade the political process like this.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:56 PM   #3
Kyle
elyK

How's it racist?...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

The underlying implication in some of the captions along with the pictures are false and outright insulting. Like the one under Arafat that says he orders the killing of children (when in all reality Sharon is no better than Arafat but we support Sharon). Then there's the one under the doll with explosive-looking props on it that says "That those who would do this to children and the innocent are utterly defeated". In most cases, no one MAKES kids do shit like that. The kids do it because they hate us. Also, they come right out and call Spain cowards not long after they had that huge bombing. Even if you agree with the "cowards" statement, you have to admit that such a statement is in poor taste. Apparently anyone who doesn't retaliate with force is a coward these days.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-02-2004, 06:08 PM   #5
Kyle
elyK

It's still not racist...also, how can you say that the people over there truly hate us...especially the children. what i hear from a few friends that are in the sandbox
is that they are happy that we are there, besides from the bombers and shit...but for the most part, they DO want us there. And i'm positive you've never been to iraq and talked to all the children...so how would you know?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:17 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
It's still not racist...also, how can you say that the people over there truly hate us...especially the children. what i hear from a few friends that are in the sandbox
is that they are happy that we are there, besides from the bombers and shit...but for the most part, they DO want us there. And i'm positive you've never been to iraq and talked to all the children...so how would you know?

Well of course not all of them hate us. I just don't see these kids being forced into these situations. Look at how young the kids who throw rocks at Israeli tanks are. You think someone's making them do that? No. As for who wants us where...that's an unknown to even people who are there and beyond the scope of my point. As for whether or not you think it's racist, even if you don't it's still misleading and so incredibly biased I scarcely know where to begin.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:20 PM   #7
JDMFantasy2k

hey wren maybe you should get off the computer now
Old 11-02-2004, 11:03 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think that article is a bunch of crap. we are fighting a war that's not ours. and i hate to say this but sometimes inteligence, army and presidency don't go hand in hand.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:36 AM   #9
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Brainwashed fool. "America for Rich White Christians! Bush/Cheney 04!" He can't help it- he's their target demographic.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:36 AM   #10
CD5Passion

"That the American Flag will be seen around the world as it truly is -- the harbinger of freedom and the last, best hope of Earth."
I think that a statement like is all that is needed to piss me off.
lemme recapped on what has been said by this..."America is god"
fuck that Rome fell so will america it's only a matter of time we won't stay on top forever
I also like how 9 of the reasons on that list are actually 1 reason

god damned I wanted to while reading most of those replies
Old 11-03-2004, 03:24 AM   #11
AzCivic

even i thought it was kinda lame. and almost propaganda-ish.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:41 AM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Guess what kids...the Amerikan flag is a symbol...not a way of life. Whatever you think it stands for is up to you, but it is not an armor plated shield that deflects all attacks. For me, the showing of flags by people after 9/11 was almost sickening. Let me explain...it's not the flag that sickened me...it's the people who flew them. These are mostly the people who had their flags hidden away in their basement somewhere and maybe brought them out for the 4th of July who were suddenly Amerika's great patriots. Slapping flags on their foreign cars when they didn't care enough to buy Amerikan. Claiming that anyone who thought a non-violent solution was unpatriotic. These are the simps who will never know what true patriotism means and those who live vicariously through the actions of people they idolize and hate. The flag has nothing to do with hope or freedom...but the ideals of the people who live under it...and those people are incredibly diverse.

Old 11-03-2004, 07:36 AM   #13
IALuder

....GT40, the whole "buying a forgien car putting a american flag on it" thing makes people inpatriotic becuase they didnt buy a american car.

you fucking stupid, how does that make someone unpatriotic? just cuase they purchase a cheaper car that saves more gas.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:02 PM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
....GT40, the whole "buying a forgien car putting a american flag on it" thing makes people inpatriotic becuase they didnt buy a american car.

you fucking stupid, how does that make someone unpatriotic? just cuase they purchase a cheaper car that saves more gas.

Ben...if you must insult me, please do so in a spell-checked manner.

You've missed the big picture. These are the people who claim that they loved Amerika before it was cool. I never said that such things make people unpatriotic, it makes them hypocrits. If this country is so important to these people, why weren't the flags there before bad things happened? Why didn't they care enough to keep their money in this country? It's simple...they're hypocrits. This country is only important to them when it's popular to be a patriot.

Old 11-03-2004, 05:20 PM   #15
AzCivic

my civic was made in Ohio by americans.

focuses are built at least in part in mexico, by mexicans.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:21 PM   #16
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
my civic was made in Ohio by americans.

focuses are built at least in part in mexico, by mexicans.

True...and you forgot Canada. Perhaps I should also clarify that the majority of these stickers I see are on Benzes and BMWs. But how many people do you really think actually know where their cars are made outside of enthusiasts?

Old 11-04-2004, 04:29 AM   #17
AzCivic

yeah, but also maybe american engineers need to wake up. people dont buy imported cars, just for the sake of them being imported(well some might).

american manufactures/autos have a horrible stigma, which is only out done by those made in korea.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:11 AM   #18
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
yeah, but also maybe american engineers need to wake up. people dont buy imported cars, just for the sake of them being imported(well some might).

american manufactures/autos have a horrible stigma, which is only out done by those made in korea.

Actually the engineers aren't the problem...it's the executives. They try to tell people what they want instead of letting people make their own decisions. And the stigma of Amerikan manufacturers isn't as bad as you would think. Ford Explorers, Ford F-150s, and GM Yukons are huge tickets...even if they are retarded and absurd. Imports may dominate the small car market, but ultimately domestics rule the roost (even if it is with shitty products).

Old 11-04-2004, 08:12 AM   #19
AzCivic

america is one of the few countries that seems to love big 'ol retarded truck, thats all american auto manufactures have left to cling to.

nissan and toyota are taking a huge bite out of that though.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:50 AM   #20
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well it seems that the american automakers are finally trying to do something about catching up to the imports especially ford. look at their new product lineup. thosecars can really give the imports a good competition. Gm is also trying to do something about it too, but it seems that besides the c6 they aren't doing too much

Old 11-04-2004, 11:45 AM   #21
CD5Passion

I'm definatly a fan of the 05 vette and the 05 mustang...god damned I saw the stang driving yesterday and I was amazed, I like this trend of giving the cars a more of a retro look.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:17 PM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well retro is cool as long you are not going roo retro like the pt loser

Old 11-04-2004, 03:05 PM   #23
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
well retro is cool as long you are not going roo retro like the pt loser

Man...that's not retro. That's just...well...is "gaytro" a word?

Old 11-05-2004, 04:11 PM   #24
CD5Passion

it very well could be steve but I think the 05's are hot cars, im guessin you think otherwise?
Old 11-05-2004, 04:19 PM   #25
Wren57

Nice thread hijacking fellas.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:24 PM   #26
CD5Passion

it needed some direction, luckily we found one
Old 11-07-2004, 06:22 PM   #27
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
it very well could be steve but I think the 05's are hot cars, im guessin you think otherwise?

Actually I love the '05 GTs...that's retro done well. The PT Loser (as Stefan put it) is just plain gay.

And Wren...it was a worthless thread...now it has purpose.