::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2002, 09:57 AM   #1
iamsparticuz

Body kits & spoilers

Ive got a 99 Silver honda accord and im interested in adding a spoiler and a new body kit along with rims. Its silver. Do you have any suggestions on where to about looking for these products for this car and where can i learn more about these things?
Old 03-20-2002, 12:01 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Since you're looking for suggestions, I say get the rims and lower the car first, and then decide if you want to go any farther. You just might find that you like the clean look with no kit.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 02:35 PM   #3
iamsparticuz

Ok. Do you have any idea of how far i should get the car lowered and where i could go about doing it?
Im also pretty sure that i want a kit and a spoiler, i want to make this the sweetest car ever.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:58 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

If you're getting a kit, I'd probably just lower your car with Eibach pro-kits. You need to make sure you don't go too low or you'll scrap left and right. Maybe you should pick a kit your interested in, and look for pictures. Find out what springs were used on the cars in the pics, and go from there.

Old 03-20-2002, 07:53 PM   #5
iamsparticuz

Ok. I actually just went to an export shop in my area and saw a black accord that had a body kit on it and it was lowered almost 2-4 inches to the ground. If it ran over a big rock it would rip off the body kit and it looked crappy as shit. How do i make sure that this doenst happen to me? I don't think i want to lower it, especially as low as the car i saw. It also snows alot in the winter and this is the only car i got , so im not sure lowering it will be the best idea. Ive read that for decent everyday use you should get hand layed fiberglass. On many of the websites ive seen w/body kits it doenst even discuss which type of fiberglass. So far ive been lookingHere,. Here, & Here. . I like the last kit especially but will it hold up with everday use and how can i judge what type of fiberglass its made of. I also have to figure out how im going to paint it . Does any1 have a suggestion on where to get rims?
Old 03-20-2002, 08:11 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Ok lots of questions here, so I'll try to attack them one at a time.

You're not sure if you want to lower it - absolutely do not get a kit and spoiler then b/c it will look very bad with a huge wheel gap. Eibach pro-kits will only lower your car around 1.5" for a nice look.

If it snow a lot in the winter, I would seriously think about not getting a kit, or get a second car to drive. If you do get a kit, I would get adjustable coilovers to go with it so you can raise your car up in the winter. Apex'i makes the WS coilovers, which are pretty cheap (for true coilovers), but perform well.

As for the kit material, I think urethane is the way to go, but I honestly don't know too much about them. You'd get it painted at a local body shop. It could cost 300-500 to paint it I'd guess.

As for rims... www.tirerack.com www.wheelmax.com www.discounttiredirect.com and there are many more. You could search around the forum for suggestions.

Old 03-20-2002, 08:24 PM   #7
iamsparticuz

Where do you suggest i go to find the best quality body kits?
Ive seen alot of sites.
BTW thanks for the reply earlier
Old 03-20-2002, 08:53 PM   #8
alpine3069

well my body kit is made from wings west and it is polyuratane(spelled wrong) it is almost just like the stuff the stock bumpers are made out of! my kit was an "add on" and it cost 215 to get painted! IMO i would say lower it to get rid of the whell gap!
Old 03-20-2002, 11:34 PM   #9
Maxvla

the look im considering is just a mild kit and no repeat NO spoiler. im sick of all this fake stuff people are putting on cars (altezza's, etc.)

i'd like to see a pic of a kleene car with no spoiler. anyone got one?
Old 03-21-2002, 06:16 AM   #10
ZodGilla

what does it require to get a drop? Should you do it yourself or go to a shop? What is an average cost of a drop?
Old 03-21-2002, 06:58 AM   #11
iamsparticuz

First i need to tint the windows. Im thinking about doing 15% around the whole car and then 35% in the front. Do you think this is a good idea and how far can you go before it starts getting hard to see thru?

Also are coilovers easy to install?
Old 03-21-2002, 10:16 AM   #12
alpine3069

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxvla
the look im considering is just a mild kit and no repeat NO spoiler. im sick of all this fake stuff people are putting on cars (altezza's, etc.)

i'd like to see a pic of a kleene car with no spoiler. anyone got one?

well my car came with one so does that mean it is fake????
Old 03-21-2002, 11:40 AM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

instead of using a kit paint the skirts which are already black since the car is a DX. Make sure you pasint it a any color that will contrast your car, but yellow.

see mine

*cough* don't ask why the car is on stands

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 03:56 PM   #14
iamsparticuz

I found the apexi WS Coilovers Here for $810 bucks. Where do you put the coilovers and how do they adjust the height? Also is that decently priced?
Old 03-21-2002, 06:05 PM   #15
iamsparticuz

im also thinking about swapping my engine for a h22. Do you think this is a wise idea?
Old 04-09-2002, 07:07 AM   #16
NiceRides

Can people give some Idea's Of some Bodykits?
Old 04-09-2002, 08:23 AM   #17
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by iamsparticuz
First i need to tint the windows. Im thinking about doing 15% around the whole car and then 35% in the front. Do you think this is a good idea and how far can you go before it starts getting hard to see thru?

Also are coilovers easy to install?

15%??? That's pretty dark. Is it even legal where you live? In TX, where it's sunny and hot a little too often, the legal limit on side windows is 35%, front 35% (5 inches or so on windshield), and as dark as you want on the back (as long as you have side mirrors), like....you could paint your rear window and it would be legal. Thus consider that 15% may not be legal where you live.

I think 20% is very dark. I've got 37% all around. Many people in TX go with 35% on the sides and 20% in the back. When it's dark and rainy, I found 20% to be hard to see through (on my bro's ride). The 37% is easy to see through all the time, when it's sunny, when it rains, when it's dark, etc. It would suck to be caught in the snow at night and not be able to see out your windows very well.

Whether you will find it too dark or not is up to you. Try to find some people around town where you live who have different darkness tint and check the visibility out of their cars. There will undoubtedly be at least 2 different darkness tints on someone's car at the tint shop, check it out. Especially see if you can check it out at night.....tint doesn't always look that dark when it's sunny out.

If you've got the blue strip on your windshield, which you probably do, there's no real point to tinting the front unless you're doing it for looks....whether it looks good is a matter of opinion.

b