::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2002, 02:00 PM   #1
Amad

2001 Honda Accord VP

Hi All,I have a Question does any one here have a 2001 Accord, My Accord is only one year old and already the transmission pressure switch and liner solenoid’s been replaced. Have any one else had this problem? with there trans.. My transmission was acting really weird, with almost a delay in shifting. The car would go neutral for few seconds then kicks in I have 36,000 + miles on it and it's acting .... after the solenoid’s it's been working fine but I am outa Warranty... Honda transmission don’t die at 40K do they … I thought Honda was a reliable car … but it is kinda scary now that right at 36K it’s doing this… I take care of my car, did trans service, at 30K as recommended …. Anyhow let me know if any of you had any bad experiences with Accord 2001 VP -------which is----> (DX with an AC and a CD player)

Regards
Amad
Old 04-08-2002, 02:11 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Let me be the first to welcome you to HS.

As for the tranny going out, no, that's not a normal thing to happen. If you keep up on the services, it should be just fine. We do have some 2k1 Accords on the board, and I haven't heard of this happening yet.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 03:40 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

are u riding really hard ? have u had the fluids been checked in a while ? are they up to the level ?

i know auto honda trannies have a problem with a valve that i don't know the real name, but ig that thing is cleaned up the shifts should be real smooth.

My car used to do that when i was riding really hard on it or when the weather changed from cold to warm, but it did go away after i overfilled a bit the tranny. my guess is that the valve is stuck and needs more fluid to be activated (or more pressure). i'm noit tha tranny guy.

Also how is your linker cable ? if it is out of adjustament it will cause this too.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 05:25 PM   #4
spoogenet

What's the linker cable?

It sounds like you've gotten the problem fixed, which is good. The only complaint I've heard of the 6th gen auto trannies is knocking when it shifts, I believe due to the locking torque converter. It's not really a problem, it's just different than how some other autos feel. I've got an '01, but a manual. I can ask a guy at work tomorrow if he's noticed any similar issues with his. I think he's got a '99 or '00 auto.

Honda transmissions usually last a while. It sounds like you've put a lot of miles on your car in a short time, but that's not normally an issue with Hondas until the 200k mark.

b
Old 04-09-2002, 07:52 AM   #5
Amad

2001 Accord

Yes, I drive more then an average car owner, that’s because my work is so damn far from my house. I did do a trans service at 30K the very 1st service as recommended by Honda.

From now on it’s every 15K for trans and every 3K for engine oil and filter…The only irony I feel is that, it did this exactly at 36K when you warranty runs out Honda replaced the switch and the solenoid this time cuz it was 36K miles... but refused to replace the transmission. They said it looks like an electrical problem. That car actually use to go in neutral for few second till I press the gas and then it takes a jerk and goes. Then problem is FIXED NOW but I am afraid what if the transmission got damaged while the solenoid and the P switch was out. And what if it goes out again Honda new trans cost more then 2K........ Honda dealer said don’t worry about it, but it’s me who has to drive 132 miles every day… any how it’s working fine I just wanted to know if any one else had this problem…

I guess it was the solenoid and the P switch… by the way have any one here got a laptop interface and software for Accord's computer. I was watching a show on kids who sports tune there Honda's just by readjusting the fuel and air mixture. I have a laptop with LPT and USB interface, if I could only get the cable to hook up to Honda’s computer that would be fun… I bet someone already wrote software for it that super tune your car… has any one have any experience with that kinda stuff ……..

Amad
Old 04-09-2002, 08:15 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

www.hondata.com

don't worry about the tranny. mine used to that too and it has 12o k on it and now it is going fine. and i reallly gun the car, trying to spank some civics and stangs (if i get beat that's another problem)

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote