::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2002, 11:51 PM   #1
xunkn0vvnx

Accord Weight Loss Program

What is the most efficient modifications that can be done to lighten the oh so heavy accord ?? Also cheapest... without making comfort and a/c adjustments...
Old 03-28-2002, 06:44 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

who told you that accords are heavy ? they are lighter than a s prelude except the 6th gen.

and if u really want to save weight get on a slim fast plan

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 08:18 AM   #3
spoogenet

Let's see, you want to lighten it without spending too much?

Hmm, I'd probably say start with the back seats. Toss them out, that should shed a few pounds. Ditch the spare tire, that'll save you a few too. Passenger seat? Don't need that....

If you only care about weight, and not aerodynamics, ditch the hood as well.

Let's see, what else? Windshield washers? No real need for those, might as well ditch the system. Oooh, don't really need the floor in the trunk, might as well remove it.

If you wanna go all out, take off your door panels on the back, gut them of power window motors, power locks, etc. Just make sure the windows stay up when it rains!

Hey, they're all viable options, it just depends on how extreme you want to go and what you need out of your car. I'd prefer to leave all aforementioned parts in my car, though....

b
Old 03-28-2002, 10:13 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

and it wills shave what ? not enough for sure. maybe like 200lbs or so ?

Old 03-28-2002, 12:15 PM   #5
rakugaki

hahah

i have a friend with a civic who just hashed out everything, he cut out the carpet, took out the radio and the speakers out hahaha, oh well, if your serious about ditching weight, take out everything inside your car (cept the steering wheel) hahaha. you can ditch the center console, the glove box and the dash board, kick panels you know! you can buy a book for about 14$ telling you how to take everything apart, who said you have to put it back!
Old 03-28-2002, 12:19 PM   #6
rakugaki

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
who told you that accords are heavy ? they are lighter than a s prelude except the 6th gen.

and if u really want to save weight get on a slim fast plan

wow i thought accords where heavy too, but my friend told me his civic weighed near 3800lbs, i think thats what my accord weighed also
Old 03-28-2002, 12:30 PM   #7
BaDNaN

3800?
no, civic wiehg around 2400
accord wiegh around 2900
(dry wieght, now if you and your buddies wiegh about 400lbs each you could probably get it up to 3800)
Old 03-28-2002, 12:40 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

and can tell me why the lude is a better racing playtform than the accord ? every accord that has a manual tranny and no v6 is ~100lbs lighter than the lude. the auto accord except the 6th gen are aboiut 60 lbs lighter than the lude. which one is heavier now ? Can we say heavy ass lude ?

Old 03-28-2002, 02:20 PM   #9
Jakethesnake

As your trashing your car by taking everything out...you mine as well make the car a convertible...that'll take like a few hundred off......Get CF hoood...everything carb....deff go on a slim fast plan, take out the system and any other crap you dont needd..including the pass seat
Old 03-28-2002, 02:30 PM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

is the need for speed that important, that you need to have just a chassis and the engine ?

Old 03-29-2002, 08:05 PM   #11
xunkn0vvnx

WHat about race seats like some recaros/brides/ and others ?? how much of a weight reduction ??